*HOMEMADE* Bong instructions [DIY] (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by EpicSledge, Feb 3, 2013.

1. These are my instructions for a very simple, easy to make, bong. For those times when you lack something to smoke your herb with.

Materials: 1. A Plastic Water bottle
    2. A metal spring doorstop (from behind a door)
    3. Any sort of metal filter/screen, I used a tea steeping ball
    4. [Basic] A lighter, and your herb

Instructions:

1. Unscrew the metal doorstop for behind your door, and take off the cap at the end. Should be pretty simple.

[​IMG]

2. Cut your metal mesh in a square shape, about 2'' by 2''. Any metal mesh will do, but I cut some from a tea-steeping ball like the one below.

[​IMG]

3. Insert the mesh into the doorstop by pushing it through one of the gaps between the springs. Upon completion it will look like the one I made below.

[​IMG]

4. Cut the usual holes in your water bottle, a hole about 3-4 inches up for your down-stem, and a hole near the top for your carb.

5. Insert your doorstop into the waterbottle, fill it with water, pack your bowl with herb, and light away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Lighting! [420] :smoking:

2. Gross.... gross. There is a section devoted to these nasty make it yourself shit.

3. For those who can't afford expensive water pipes, or aren't able to purchase them, this is an easy alternative for water filtration.

4. You spend money on weed... Im sure for $10 u can get an acrylic

5. Or a 15 dollar borosilicate spoon. Then you don't have to bang your walls with swinging doors. I would kill my tendants if they did some stupid shit like that. I got a hole in my wall so you can make a cheap bong? Now spend money on new dry wall, paint, and a new door stop. Kids these days....

6. Ahahaha I never said this was a super high quality piece. I posted this for anybody who is stuck somewhere without something to smoke out of. I own a $300 ROOR piece, but I sometimes still build this at friends places. And even though it's shitty, it gets us stoned, and it's still a smoother hit than dry smoke. Anyways the doorstop can always be replaced! :)

-Just trying to contribute to the grasscity forum :eek:

7. Not a bad attempt, it is functional but the metal kind of turns me off to the idea. I buy extra glass stems and grommets all the time to make my home made bongs. Might cost $5 in glass and grommet but makes plastic bongs worth it. I have several pipes made like this :). We end up using them more often than our glass pieces we have because they are easy to clean and replace the bottle just remove grommet and stem and reinstall in new bottle.

8. There is a homemade section in "other tools" or something. It will be appreciated there. Glass snobs in here. ;)

9. Stopped reading at plastic...

10. Look out plastic is the root of all that is evil! Eeeeeee vil!!!

11. I will do a glass homemade bong tutorial soon:) But yes, if you can avoid plastic, do so. Otherwise...

12. Hey I make plastic home made bongs all the time lol. I have one that I have been using for 2 years now. People swear it should have turned evil by now but not so. Still hits clean, and cleans up perfect. No heat is in the plastic is all in the glass pieces so no chemicals released. Can see my fave plastic bong in my sig his and hers..

Would be interesting to see you make the glass ones. I am gonna make some glass ones someday when I can find my dremel and the diamond tips. Even the. Though people are going to say "well my roor is better" of course it is a several hundred to a thousand some odd pipe it is goin to hit like dream lol. My cheap plastic and glass pipes I get my money's worth a lot faster and don't get butthurt if a friend drops them.