HELP. Becoming a medical marijuana grower in the state of Oregon?

Discussion in 'General' started by GETTHEGOAT, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Kid, the only place you're going to go with this teenage-angst mentality is PRISON.

You're trying to do something, with no backfall, with no knowledge, and you're REJECTING excellent advice that was given to you in here.

Im sorry that it has to be told to you this way, but with your current life plan (no backup) you're going to either end up living on the streets or in prison.

Legal or not, once you hit the 50+ plant mark, you're a target for feds. Beyond that, us MMJ patients aren't allowed to own guns, so I hope you can protect yourself and your crop is someone breaks in waving a gun around. Believe me, we've had several legal grow ops robbed here. I live in a small town on 13,000 people and two months ago some people came up from Chicago, kicked this caregivers door in, tied him to a chair, and proceeded to beat him while robbing everything, until a meter reader guy saw them through the window and called the police.

Im not telling you all of this because I want you to choose a different path, I personally want to overgrow the world. BUT I'm telling you this because I care enough about the easily moulded minds of our teenagers. I was there once man, I thought weed was my life, my only plan too.. But it's not. Eventually you'll grow up.

Let me ask you a question though. Have you ever been to jail or prison? Because even being a legal patient, it's inevitable, eventually in your life growing that amount for a dispensary you will either end up in jail or prison. The last time I did in jail was about 6 years ago. 6 months for Manufactoring/Disurbution of marijuana. You think you can hold up for 6 months in jail? Or even longer? And how will you get back on your feet once you get out and the police have taken ALL your money, equipment, plants, seeds, EVERYTHING? Where will you keep your money? It can't be federally taxed, so you run the risk of getting hit for tax evasion. There's SO much you need to learn kid, and simply blowing everyones EXPERIENCED advice won't help.

This life ain't for everybody, if it was easy everyone would do it.

It takes someone who is highly intelligent, proactive, secretive, a good liar (you cant let EVERYONE and their mother know you do it).

I've been doing this for the last 8 years of my life, so you can take my advice or leave it.

2. How much money could you make an hour/day ?

3. #23 GETTHEGOAT, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    [quote name='"Spaced"']

Kid, the only place you're going to go with this teenage-angst mentality is PRISON.

You're trying to do something, with no backfall, with no knowledge, and you're REJECTING excellent advice that was given to you in here.

Im sorry that it has to be told to you this way, but with your current life plan (no backup) you're going to either end up living on the streets or in prison.

Legal or not, once you hit the 50+ plant mark, you're a target for feds. Beyond that, us MMJ patients aren't allowed to own guns, so I hope you can protect yourself and your crop is someone breaks in waving a gun around. Believe me, we've had several legal grow ops robbed here. I live in a small town on 13,000 people and two months ago some people came up from Chicago, kicked this caregivers door in, tied him to a chair, and proceeded to beat him while robbing everything, until a meter reader guy saw them through the window and called the police.

Im not telling you all of this because I want you to choose a different path, I personally want to overgrow the world. BUT I'm telling you this because I care enough about the easily moulded minds of our teenagers. I was there once man, I thought weed was my life, my only plan too.. But it's not. Eventually you'll grow up.

Let me ask you a question though. Have you ever been to jail or prison? Because even being a legal patient, it's inevitable, eventually in your life growing that amount for a dispensary you will either end up in jail or prison. The last time I did in jail was about 6 years ago. 6 months for Manufactoring/Disurbution of marijuana. You think you can hold up for 6 months in jail? Or even longer? And how will you get back on your feet once you get out and the police have taken ALL your money, equipment, plants, seeds, EVERYTHING? Where will you keep your money? It can't be federally taxed, so you run the risk of getting hit for tax evasion. There's SO much you need to learn kid, and simply blowing everyones EXPERIENCED advice won't help.

This life ain't for everybody, if it was easy everyone would do it.

It takes someone who is highly intelligent, proactive, secretive, a good liar (you cant let EVERYONE and their mother know you do it).

I've been doing this for the last 8 years of my life, so you can take my advice or leave it.[/quote]

I choose to leave it. Thank you as well for the care and advice

Edit: Sorry for saying that with no explanation. I just don't care what happens to me, and I don't care about society, I don't care about law, and I don't care about people and their thoughts. What matters is I'm living doing what I love. I know I must sound... I don't know, but I know that in the end the world we have now won't matter, we all move on to whatevers next (if anything), etc. If I do end up doing time I have a lot of patience which will help

4. #24 GETTHEGOAT, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    [quote name='"Chinc"']How much money could you make an hour/day ?[/quote]

I have no idea, a good amount

5. You sound like a child. Im not trying to offend you, but honestly, if thats your thinking pattern then you are either very young and immature, or just.... well forget it. Just prepare yourself for prison.

6. [quote name='"Spaced"']

You sound like a child. Im not trying to offend you, but honestly, if thats your thinking pattern then you are either very young and immature, or just.... well forget it. Just prepare yourself for prison.[/quote]

I basically am a child

7. How old are you?

8. [quote name='"GETTHEGOAT"']

I choose to leave it. Thank you as well for the care and advice

Edit: Sorry for saying that with no explanation. I just don't care what happens to me, and I don't care about society, I don't care about law, and I don't care about people and their thoughts. What matters is I'm living doing what I love. I know I must sound... I don't know, but I know that in the end the world we have now won't matter, we all move on to whatevers next (if anything), etc. If I do end up doing time I have a lot of patience which will help[/quote]

Wow man. Please, just take the damn advice.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

9. Dude every time someone starts a thread about wanting to grow weed for income you put them down, discourage them and do it in a very obnoxious pompous way.

The OP politely thanked you for your advice and said he still wanted to pursue this goal. Get over it, if anyones acting like a child it's you.

10. Excuse me, but quit trying to insult me.

Perhaps you should read the rules.. we can't discuss growing/selling weed for profit here, that entails DISTRIBUTION.

As for this guy, how about you read his post? "I don't care about law, I don't care about society, I don't care about anything. If I do time oh well"

He's a teenage kid, obviously he doesn't have anyone to tell him "STOP! YOU'RE MAKING A TERRIBLE LIFE DECISION".

11. If I was trying to insult you I would use insults lol. you frequently talk about your own for-profit growing so dont pretend like the rules are why you act this way. I was just pointing out that you say the same negative, discouraging shit to anyone who wants to grow as a career, and then get angry at them when they arent receptive to your rude "advice".

It's possible to explain the difficulties and challenges he'll face in the industry without being insulting or demeaning. And if he truly is a child who's doomed to fail, then let him.

12. Give it your all my friend and you may be able to attain your dreams

13. Oh I'm sorry, can you please quote a post in where I said I sell for profit? I refer to myself as a caregiver, yes. I give people information about the money dispensaries will give you, but do I ever blatantly say I grow for profit? No.

I've been here since 2010, I know the rules. As for discouraging people from growing.. when they aren't thinking and just assume they can use some incandesant light bulbs to grow 50 plants and sell to a dispensary... somthing needs to be said.

Now you can continue to attempt to offend me, flame me, what have you.. or you can get back on track of this thread.

K, thanks, bye. :wave:

14. [quote name='"Spaced"']

How old are you?[/quote]

I'm 18

15. [quote name='"Spaced"']
    As for this guy, how about you read his post? "I don't care about law, I don't care about society, I don't care about anything. If I do time oh well"

He's a teenage kid, obviously he doesn't have anyone to tell him "STOP! YOU'RE MAKING A TERRIBLE LIFE DECISION".[/quote]

Those are my personal views, un-related to this topic

16. Good luck man, this is something i have wanted to do for a few years now.