Homeless

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. hey guys so I know this isn't the most legit plan an feel like a lot could go wrong but where I am is really no better then where I'll be..or could be I've decided its time for a change,I had all these plans but it seems like shit just keeps getting in the way an all this drama surrounds me no matter how far I try an place myself from it. I've about had the last straw an I'm pretty tired of all this nonsense thats going on,I'd rather have nothing then have this. In Feb I've decided to become homeless..I have a plan to give away all of my stuff an only keep the absolute necessities (fav stuffed animal,something my mom gave me & pictures..also maybe my laptop just so I have shit to do when theres nothing an of course a little bit of clothes but just enough to get by maybe) anyway I'm prob gonna be staying in a shelter an was wondering if u guys have any advice on safety,protection an how to get on my feet?? anything useful really..I've filled out so many job apps an have yet to get a call back,seems pretty much hopeless,also had to postpone college because I owe $100 an did not have the money,my future seems kind of dim when I try an imagine it an its kind of scary to be honest, but I feel like If I go through with this I will emerge a stronger person with a different/new way of thinking an a better outlook on life..I know it will take time but do you think this will be worth it??

2. Buy a membership to a 24 hr gym ... ShOwers , place to chill , & a locker to store your stuff . Also if you have a car you can park at walmart to sleep .. Hitup the shelter like you said

3. Why would you choose to be homeless if there are alternatives?

4. This.

5. because of the stress an the ppl I'm surrounded by,constant arguing,accusing,violence,yelling... its gotten to be to much really..I've been dealing with this since the day my mom has passed an it only seems to have gotten worse,bouncing from house to house an staying places that I'm clearly unwanted...who would want this?? I know I don't..not anyore

6. I'd apply for jobs in other states then at least have a job vs. being homeless indefinitely.

Edit: if you only owe $100 bucks and that's keeping you from school sell your stuff and pay it off, then live on campus.

7. Have faith...best advice I can give. :(
    Sorry for your situation but maybe it's in your best interest to overcome it and not be homeless.:confused_2:

8. yea this is how I'm trying to see it..Thanks btw

9. This also.

10. already explained..please read before just saying this for whoever else feel the needs to post that :eek:

11. I think you're underestimating how hard it is to live on the streets with nothing. You might be absolutely miserable where you are, but you have a roof over your head and a warm place to sleep. And if you're hurting for money as badly as you say, giving away your stuff shouldn't be the first thought to come to your mind. When you're jonesin' for a bite to eat, you're going to think back to all that stuff worth a buck or two.

As miserable as you are, things are going to get better. Spend as little time as possible in that environment making you so upset, but don't write it off completely. Being homeless isn't a good time.

12. my dysfunctional laptop is prob worth nothing as of now I'm using it to fill out job apps..its really the only expensive thing I have I do have a guitar though that could prob sell for 20-$30..it means a lot to me but I might have to do the best thing for myself an sell it..

13. I read it. But why would you want to leave anywhere with a roof over your head to be homeless. Even with that reason. Any home is better then no home. You haven't really posted why exactly you are leaving like what exactly happned .

14. Unless it's a starter or children's guitar, it's definitely not worth 20 bucks. Even rubbish guitars are usually at least $50 or more. And even at that price, I wouldn't be sentimental about it.

15. I see you're from Wisconsin..... I wouldn't want to be living on the streets in Wisconsin in February.... if you're actually going to do this, I'd try and train hop south- get somewhere somewhat warmer and just start over again. I know you can sleep in your car in Walmart parking lots like someone above mentioned, and some truck stops have showers and stuff

Its really probably going to be harder living in that situation then the one you have now

16. You're running away from stress by becoming homeless? I thought I heard it all.

17. it was the last thing my mom gave me..thats the only reason why I wanted to keep it..

edit: an bat its easier to judge something u dont know or could never comprehend..

18. I'm sure living in the shitty houses and all is better then living In a Shelter. Do you know what kind of possible people could live there?

19. People get beat up and what not n shelters.The little they have get stolen. Sharing a room with 4+ people. 1 bathroom between 30+ people. Sounds unpleasant

20. op i have never expirenced any so bad as being homeless for a month i do not recomend nor will i give you any advise other then do everything in your power not to be homeless