Homeless

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Thats my personal plan if i were ever homeless. And i would grow and sell weed.
    Ohh i also live in Florida so cold winters arnt too much of a problem.

2. I would reccomend not becoming homeless. Its going to be a struggle. Keep looking for a job, talk to everyone you can and just try to find anything, even the shittiest jobs around.

If you do become homeless don't start doing sexual favors for money. It will make you more depressed and you will probably start using hard drugs and become a crack whore. Believe me it may sound crazy but I've seen nice girls I knew in high school who were straight A students go down that road. After 4 years its crazy how fucked up a persons life can get. Get comfortable with the idea of killing someone for your protection because on the street, thats how it is. Life or death.

Good luck. If all else fails move to WA or CO and get in on the legal weed industry. They are gonna need cute girls to work the counter at the bud stores, and people to trim pot all day.

3. a lot of these stories an advice is freaking me out,I still however think I'm strong enough to handle it..I still really wanna focus on college though but I feel like right now I need to focus on my well being as well,since I won't start college for the next few months due to the whole money situation an waiting for fasfa I'll start then which will give me time to figure things out..hopefully get a job an maybe a place to stay,idk yet..I know its a hard life but I'd rather worry about things that matter then things that don't..being homeless may not be the dream life but I def think it is freeing,this is my only option or being homeless an I've pretty much reached the end of my rope here..as of now I'm looking up programs an support as someone else suggested,havent found much..if anything though I def will consider moving as others suggested as well,lol colorado would be the dream

4. I'd be lying if I said it wasnt freeing, but its one of those things you miss in memories.

5. yolo?

6. This seems a little similar to the other thread about the guy planning to be homeless for a couple weeks to experience value in life. It sounds like you need something similar. Go homeless, but dont give away your stuff. You will need to buy it back eventually and it wont be cheap. And whose to say the people you give it to will deserve it and appreciate it?

Be safe, and find yourself.

7. Like another user said, a 24H gym is a great idea. You can keep yourself from getting too bored by staying in shape and plus you will have company too. Sleep in your car outside of Walmart. You can buy a case of water and maybe some bread and lunch meat. If it's cold enough where you live, you can keep them in your car to preserve them too.

8. Call everywhere youve applied at. Shows the employer you seriously want the job. Tell every place youll be homeless if you dont find a job. i guarantee youll get a job. ive slept in my car for a few weeks. eating a mcdouble, sometimes 2, a day, really sucks. put an ad on craigslist, will clean houses etc. being homeless is horrible. i promise, unless youre being sexually abused every day, your current situation is better than living on the streets.
    good luck, and i wish you well.

9. teddy bear? laptop? you wont make it on the street my friend

as for tips? dont trust anyone in a shelter, sorry , this is experience

10. Youre a good looking girl, you'd honestly likely get in nice words taken advantage of on the street, willing or not.

11. Milky - I have to say, I dont agree with this.
    My Uncle is homeless. Not by choice either

12. Also, if u follow through.. get receipts out of trash cans at fast food restaurants. Call and go get your free meal.

13. man i keep picturing my uncles face.. so sad..
    gotta get off this thread.. hits home

14. By going homeless seems like your just giving up. Taking the easy road.

Just keep pushing and applying and you will eventuay reach your goal.

Things seemed dim for me two months ago and I was ready to pack up and leave my pregnant GF and family to enlist or go to Nevada for a mining job.

But instead I roughed it out since October with $20 to my name and tried EVERYDAY all day applying different places,online and all that good stuff.

My daughter was born over a week ago and I started working at a job four days ago and am starting a second one next week. Within a span of a week everything went from shit to awesome.

You just have to rough it out and keep trying. Not give up

15. Not true. I had a stuffed cat, and a laptop. And I made it just fine. And I've live half my adult ( and some of my younger) homeless. At least 6mths out of the years I was homeless.

But ya, don't trust anyone. They will use you. Keep your shit with you. Sleeping bags are your friend. Get another blanket too. Shit gets cold. Have something to keep rain off like a small tarp or something. Can also be used as ground cover. Look into resources for homeless women. There is more out there for girls. (It's sadly true) and if shit gets real, run. If you can't kick scream fight. Do what ever you can. And don't steal from others.

16. I know it's against the rules but fuck me, sell drugs if you have to.

Train/ hitch hike to Cali

Go to Venice beach, busk or w.e with your guitar if you did they for like a week say like 9 10 hours a day you would easily get over $500 odd dollars, 500x52=26,000

buy a car and a gym membership like someone said store your shit, sleep in the car.

It doesn't sound glamorous but hey it may work, my friend busked in Rundle mall (Adelaide) and made $800+ a week, he quit his job and everything. I know it may be far off but there is heaps more people going along venice beach then Rundle Mall so, chin honey you'll do fine, hope is the key word in everything. PMA = Positive Mental Attitude

17. Ive made a few hundred bucks selling art on piers at the beach.

The funny part was, they were ugly half-assed paintings. Rich people are terrible at using money wisely hahaha.

I mean UGLY. Think barbara streisand without makeup just waking up UGLY.

18. #58 DrUnKnHiGh, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    I think going homeless wouldn't help think about it its stressful where you are but don't talk to the people or ignore them maybe. Being homeless is a step back from where you are now if you really want out don't go the easy way and have no money do what right and takes a little work save money. Find a job work then move out. Idk your situation but if you couldn't pay back 100 dollars maybe the people aren't happy with you not having money that you live with now.

19. Go to your City Hall, they will help you find a job.

20. Disregard all other post.