Half-way to Harvest. How does it look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psycicmind, Jan 18, 2013.

1. #1 psycicmind, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    I took some measurements and was wondering what other people are thinking since I can't exactly tell people I know...(sigh)

Northern Lights 5, I vegged her for 6 weeks. It's been 4 1/2 weeks of flower.
    How does she look?

Attached Files:

2. Nuggin' up good! Nice!!!

3. Seriously that doesnt seem right. 6 week veg and they are only like 17 inches tall(tell me if im wrong about the height) it looks like a sativa and there suppose to have mad stretch at least double the size that it was in veg and most of the grow within the first two weeks. I got two plants going now that are 16 inches tall and they have only been in the veg stage for 3 and a half weeks and mine are indica

4. I am growning NYC diesel and they tripled in the first 10 days of flowering. They all seem to posess alot of sativa growth tendencies. They are 36-40 inches tall. When I flipped to 12/12 they were only 12 -14 inches tall. They really shot up. I am in day 28 of flowering and they stopped streching around day 14. They have long internode lenghts, but I think the buds will start filling in the gaps. . If you count the height of my 5 gal pots, they almost 5 feet tall.
    You have a nice looking plant there. Probably give you a couple ounces. Here is a couple pics I took last week at day 24 of flowering.

Attached Files:

5. What's all that stretch from? Is there a way to limit the stretch? Mine didn't really do all that. That's what makes me worried to no top my plants. I don't want a giant tree. lol. Think that much stretch is from lights being too far or anything?

6. I believe Northern Lights are genetically short bushy plants. However I did trim most of the bottom branches so most of the energy could go to the top. I LST'd, but the main stem still has the most bud. It's also a CFL grow.

but in regards to the 17 inches, the plant isn't standing up straight so if I compensated for that I believe it would add at least another 2 inches.

7. I dont think you can count the gallon my man, thats the root system not the stem unless the stem went to the bottom of the bucket but then where the hell are your roots. Sativa stretch at the least double their size some times triple and you have a straight sativa according to how it looks and your measurement

8. topping doesn't make a tall tree, basically you cut the main cola and two branches closest to the main cola takes it spot and now you have two main colas. you cut those you now have four. you never do this in flowering though

9. if your gunna risk it, ditch the walmart grow and step up. youve got the basics down and seem to have a grasp on growing. step it up OP, you surly have alot to gain! I feel youd be doin some good things with a little 400w

10. Damn well you should think about switching to HPS if you can. I checked my baby this morning(xxx indica) and she was 17 inches after 3 weeks and 4 days. with Advanced Nutrients compared to your 6 week veg. Im about to put them into there 24 shock period so I've almost got it to the same size as yours in 1/3 the time if you count flowering time

11. come one now.. if we wanna start playin whose growing dick is bigger...
    Just harvested 228.1 grams off a single DWC diesel with a 6 week veg. thats 8.1 oz. or a half pound plant. using cyco nutes. OP, surly get yourself some lumens and rock out with your cock out!

12. Just saying Im not trying to play any game on who can out grow who personally don't give shit I'm just letting the man know he can get much better lights and then showing him, well really telling him, the prove. I just want to see a fellow grow make better use of his time.

13. my bad Mo-Feezy! i miss read your comment. Much appologies.
    sounds like were on the same page. kills me to see someone do good at a micro grow, there missing out on sooooo much!
    if your gunna risk it, go bigger. dont have to increase numbers, just size of your plant!

14. Yup thats good advice, one plant is still one plant doesn't matter how tall or short it is the fines you'd have to pay would be the same so grow that baby taller on your next grow and look into HPS lights

15. #15 psycicmind, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    I know I can get better results with HPS, MH, etc. however I don't want to risk the electric bill hike. paranoid about it...

16. Check the wattage of your TVs and computers. A single 400w light can be explained no worries at all. How much do you pay for a kw? Multiply that by watts of light by hours of use times days in a month. That'll tell ya what the cost is before you even start. Would be WELL worth it in the end.

17. Whats there to be paranoid? I run a 1000w two 600w a 400w and all my fans. My 2 month bill is about 200 bucks thats including me living in the house and the electricity I use.

My bro has a bill of over 400 every two months.... he dosnt even grow.... lol

18. Yup, I'm runnin almost 3k in lighting alone, an have 3 kids, me and my wife. Our bills only 300.

19. how many cfl's are you currently running?

20. Exactly! ! No offense OP but when I hear people say they are scared to grow due to electricity getting them caught I just laugh. You arnt running ten 1000w lights :p