studying while high?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JetLifeStoney, Jan 17, 2013.

1. study high, get high grades right? I've always thought that studying high was a complete waste of time, as you would forget everything you just studied. this semester I'm taking some pretty interesting classes and studying isn't that bad for me because I actually enjoy reading the material

problem is though, I'm taking five classes and my day is typically stressful as hell, so I like to pack a bowl right after class. I'm also trying to get really good grades this semester, so i have to study a ton. but when I'm high, I can't study because I'm not gonna remember shit haha. I don't want to try it because I don't wanna read and then not remember shit and then realize that I just spent my high studying...

has anyone ever studied while stoned? if so, was it successful?

2. yes and yes.

It happened by accident, lol.
    It was right when I first started. I smoked in the evening to relax after studying, and then I was still a little bit high the whole next day.

Which happened to be the day of my Calc midterm exam.

There was one review session left. If I were sober, no matter how hard I tried to focus, I'd have fallen asleep. Stoned, it was interesting and exciting, and I absorbed everything I needed.
    I was still high for the test, and I got an A.

3. Im a history major, whenever I smoke and study/write papers, im guaranteed an A for some reason. my creativity just goes through the roof. graduating this may.

4. I cant study high....i just end up on my xbox/laptop.....however me an my friend have a drinking game that works great...at first lol

5. I am currently trying to study after a bunch of hash. It's not working. I am fucking blazed.

6. omg when I try to study or do homework stoned I FAIL MISERABLY

I just end up drawing or zoning out to music lol

7. I have written 2 English papers while high and gotten A's on both of them. With that being said, I wouldn't recommend doing any studying high. Its just not a good idea. A better idea would be to study sober, and reward yourself with a bowl after :smoking:

8. Hahaha exact same here.

9. I was doing algebra high and I'm god awful at algebra. I honestly did better and understood the problems better when I was high. Normally I'd say its a no go. I cant concentrate when I'm high.

10. It depends for me. I'm an engineering major and I find the math and applied mechanics associated with problems to be even more fascinating when I'm high, and might make some connections from appreciating the structures more. However I find writing is more appropriate for that state of mind since I can make points that are out of the box, but flow creatively with reasoning. I just have to make sure don't forget what it was I was trying to write or figure out at the moment lol.

11. i just get sidetracked studying high, but in all honesty i usually destroy these vocab quizzes i always have my first hour and im usually stoned and i have ten minutes to study 15 words and know how to use them in a sentence. I love it. Shows the fuckers that sit next to me being stoned during a test is not a disadvantage.

12. all the time no doubt. all As and one A- in my first term as an Economics major (over from Criminal Justice) this past Fall.

13. Study first sober. Get it in to your long term memory. Then practice recalling it all still sober. Then get high and review and you will remember everything.