Anybody use oil on their hands/scissors while trimming?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by hello ladies, Jan 16, 2013.

1. #1 hello ladies, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    A growmie shared a little tip with me. He said before he sits down to trimming, he puts a folded up paper towel on the plate and pours a little cheap vegetable oil on it. Then he takes a little and rubs his hands just so they're barely coated, just enough to make it feel like you put on lotion, and another light application for his shears.

Apparently the oil keeps everything from getting sticky, and so long as you use a light coat it doesn't get on the buds. He said he stops every 10-15 minutes to reapply, but afterward he washes everything right off with absolutely no issue.

I'd been using baking soda toothpaste pretty successfully to wash up the last few times, but I'll be trying his method soon. Anybody heard of this before? :wave:

2. Yes I realized once how well it worked when I was trimming and eating pizza; the grease from the pepperoni kept my fingers supple and dissolved the resin... And I thought omg duh like dissolves like! Two fatty acid type molecules... Better than using alcohol!

3. thanks for the confirmation, guess I'll be trying this next time (or ordering pizza, that sounds better!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah trimming parties are definitely a lot less tedious with pizza breaks!

5. I'm down

madd monkeys lab

6. i tried using oil on my hand, it work great but is made my weed smell like cooking oil ,,
    all i smell n taste is cooking oil on my og kush...f...k

7. I honestly love the resin cookies I get after processing a pound.

Just peel it off & smoke it along with some scissor hash

8. Lol that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, why the fuck would you cover your hands in cooking oil?
    If its so you don't get sticky fingers then you should have just gotten some gloves bro.

9. Lol i was thinking the same thing... You literally need a "film" on your fingers fatty acid chains thick..

10. I've rubbed some cooking oil on my fingers and also on my scissors, works very well.

Goo B Gone will clean the residue off anything.

11. I dip my scissors of choice in a jar of coconut oil at room temp. So it's like a solid. Stab them in and they come out clean.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Might have to try that . . . Trimming my mobb boss is a pain in the ass. I can't go 5 minutes with out cleaning my scissors!

13. Great, greasy pizza hands trimming buds.

14. I would use the cooking oil to clean my hands all the time - works soooo much better than ISO that just dissolves the oils and spreads them around and dries the hell out of your skin. I too found that if I left a film of oil on my hands and fingers it would help keep the resin from building up on your hands. As far as concerns about getting oil on the buds - just a film on the skin is all that is needed, and doing a wet trim, you can usually handle the branches and hold by the fan leaves --- not that big of a deal....

15. I would employ this method, but I like finger hash too much! :passing-joint: