Ventilation help for grow box design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sillyog, Jan 16, 2013.

1. #1 sillyog, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    hello i am new to growing this will be my first grow i will be growing via hydroponics i have all my supplies and im ready to go i measured everything and came up with this design in the picture provided. i plan on using a 150W HPS light since i will only be growing two maybe three plants. the only items i still need are the fans for ventilation i was hoping someone could direct me to a cheap place to buy fans and which one will work for my grow box i have placed arrows next to the places i believe the fans should be placed and the direction they will be pushing the air i will also be needing to make a carbon filter that fits the exhaust fan i may need. please help me with the vent design and fans selection please

i work at a lumber mill and i have all the materials necessary at work to build the grow box so i can make changes

[​IMG]

thank you
    any other advice would be greatly appreciated

2. #2 BYOweed, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    Edit, hold on, accidentally pressed send

3. I would seperate the two chambers and use two exhaust fans, one for each. Intake fans aren't important because of passive intake(negative air pressure). Two 200cfm fans will do the trick, but a 400cfm fan for the HPS chamber wouldn't hurt.

Exhaust at the top ofcourse, heat rises. The flower chamber will be the only one that'll need a carbon filter

4. Why have the air from the clone/veg area go in the flower/veg area? That air could go str8 up and out ya? Otherwise good job.