running a collective/ starting a collective

Discussion in 'General' started by wolfman414, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I revived meds from a delivery collective. And the way they handled patient care, presentation, knowledge was fantastic. Collective runners, growers, ect... If I came to you asking for help to start my own collective the right way. What would you say? Would you let me adopt your techniques, and Collective model?

2. Maybe you should like get a job working at one for a year or two, then go start your own shit. Wait your turn like everybody else.

3. Unfortunately this thread is against the rules. It's a shame that we can't help the honest people looking to open legitimate clubs and dispensaries, but it borders too closely to dealing.

Discussions would quickly go from talk of actual business to "hey man I just sold ___ pounds for $___________, but it's cool because I sold to a dispensary" even though they're lying. Then we get the feds lurking up in here and shit goes downhill fast.

4. it would be waiting my turn like a apprentice ship. I assume i cant learn everything in a day.trial by fire would not be the best way to learn in this right. ca

apologize i guess this will be closing soon.

5. It depends on the company and how concerned they are with competition. I have lots of people who pick my brain for ideas in our respected fields and am open with them because I know that what they do will not affect my process, however if I felt that someone was aiming to expand in the areas I work then I would not be so forthcoming with information depending on the project. If you have employees then you need to make sure your decisions won't negatively impact their operations under your leadership.

I think your best bet would be to find a market somewhere away from the existing company's area so they can feel at ease with your intentions. Just be aware that they could see the potential there too, and expand before you have a chance to open.

thecrazyhazy has a good point too. If you don't already know what you are doing then you should work under someone else before planning your own venture. You don't want to garner a bad reputation, especially before you even get the wheels turning. On top of that, it's a good way to learn the ins and outs of the industry so that when you encounter problems on your own you will be knowledgeable enough to rectify them.

edit:
    Didn't know this was against the rules. o.0

6. *sends in resume*