Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Those plant scrapers look like a contraption I have to list plants. That thing looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it in action lol

2. Update: Got up very early and chk'd trics undr the scope..looked good so i harvested the plat GSC..i was surprised turned out there was lots of bud but in layers..it was lousy with whiteflies but they hadn't appeared to have done damage..my IPM while not fully effective still was effective enough to keep them under control..took drs off cab and quickly cut branches and put in tubs..put them dwnstairs in the grw cave to process..did a quik vaccum of cab n apt but much more will be done in coming days..the drying rack i found in dumpster is just perfect for the job..i have the bud on the rack in the grw cave which stays fairly cool..the lndry rm will mask the odor and if it gets really smelley i got the ionizer..trying this slow dry thing with the rack..i do have a bwl of bud that i'm doing my regular way ..it be ready to smoke by wed..
    I of course oven dried some to sample..i'm surprised but its very good pot..i'm pretty high..
    Built the bubbler and installed the GS in it under the el cheapo led..they are very close to the lite because they were on the verge of gettin stretchy..gave them a squirt of rapid start get them on a good foot..the root systm on the plat gsc had completly filled the tote and was a block same size as res..doing my up grade of res for just that reason..deeper for more roots..
    Chk'd the two HAZKS and i'm really startin to feel both are female..nxt step is to take cuts and tp them to 3.5 gal sip's with plnt scaper rigs..tp the autos in 3.5's at same time..put all four in ugly cab to time match in prep to go in the SA..the SA has been cruisin with the temps ..the last time i was out there the smallest WF had bud that looked BB's and purpleish..might be gettin close to the end..i'll have to chk it tomorrow when i give them some kelp tea with ewc harvest 003.JPG harvest 001.JPG harvest 002.JPG harvest 004.JPG harvest 005.JPG seedlings in nu res 001.JPG seedlings in nu res 002.JPG

3. Looking good Doc.. I can't wait to get home.. This 2 weeks of being gone is making me nuts..
    BNW

4. Update: Tp'd my HAZKS to sip's using plnt scaper on one..very efficient and made it effortlesss..worth the price for small amount of plnts i'll be doing..processed the bud that was on the rack to collander..fogged bth cabs with pyrthrin and the SA too..grw cave for good measure and the entry way..tomorrow pool shk...in ugly cab..didn't tp the auto yet as i'm not sure wherre it should go just yet..the seedlings are gonna move up to bigger bskts and lite displacing the auto probally bk to the window after being tp'd to a smartie..the space the seedlins were in will be for cuts being made into clones..i drilled all the tops for the full progression..painted all flat blk..trics on WF and HAZKS look good under the scope definitely ready for harvest end of the mo..whiteflies in evidence and i fogged heavy hhazks TP'D 002.JPG hhazks TP'D 001.JPG hhazks TP'D 004.JPG hhazks TP'D 005.JPG hhazks TP'D 006.JPG modular res tops 001.JPG utd  dr 009.JPG View attachment HAZKS outdr 2.bmp View attachment wizards Fire ready for harvest -7.bmp

5. Sniffle.. I'll see how she looks this morning...
    [​IMG]
    I really didn't want to be gone so long.. Less then I'd feared though..

BNW

6. Not bad if that's the worst and the cost of 2 weeks away!

~GHG~

7. Update: Jar'd the bud up and its a nice haul..tp'd the GS into bigger bskts and the auto got a bigger smartie..still wrkng on clean up and am targeting sun to be done and move sip's and the auto into ugly cab...the GS nd to start real nutes but not untill till hooked up to chiller and in cab 1..movin all plnts up one grade as they respond..thinking on payday refilling my co2 tank auto gets tp'd 005.JPG auto gets tp'd 003.JPG auto gets tp'd 010.JPG auto gets tp'd 001.JPG plat inum GSC to the jars 002.JPG

8. Doc can u take a better pic of one of the buds not like a close close up just alot closer :)

9. Update: clean up is done and tomorrow morn i'll move the soil plnts in and start time matching them to outdr hrs..thinking 7am to 10 pm..i reconfigured the ugly cab a bit..gonna use the right side of the cab specifically for hydro and the left side for soil when i've got it filled..i'll get cab 1 happenin in the morn as well clean up finished 002.JPG

10. Update: The HAZKS and auto were moved into ugly cab and cuts were taken for bubbler cloner..seedlings were moved in to cab 1 and started on nutes..they also got ipm'd for the first time..outdr looks good and all will be harvested on sun except the SFC..that one will be allowed to go longer cuts taken 001.JPG cuts taken 002.JPG cuts taken 004.JPG SA with 6 days to harvest 003.JPG SA with 6 days to harvest 001.JPG SA with 6 days to harvest 004.JPG SA with 6 days to harvest 002.JPG

11. Howdy Doc.. Rocking as usual in here..

12. Update: I harvested 3 WF and 1 HAZKS from the SA..there were whiteflies but not too many.HAZKS yeild was paltry..WF not bad considering one was a runt..WF is the usual high quality buzz i like and its not aged yet..HAZKS should be dry enough to sample ltr today..its supposed to rain for most of the wk so no wrk in the SA till its done..the two HAZKS are ready to go out but i want to tp the auto into an sip before it goes out..the three are grw mates started at the same time and get along well..the cuts are doing well and have very tiny rootlets that are keepin the plnts goin .gave them a sneeze of nutes and LITFA..meanwhile the GS seedlings are bedeviling me..the roots got discolored so i pool shk'd em.and flushed for two days..they started to yellow so i ended the flush and put them bk on nutes but 150-250ppm at 6.0..they're comin bk but i can't tp till they do so i can chose the strongest..so i'm in a bit of a holding pattern..just cause i had a harvest doesn't mean i can slow the pace..i smoke too much to do that outdr harves of WF n HAZKS 001.JPG outdr harves of WF n HAZKS 005.JPG outdr harves of WF n HAZKS 004.JPG

13. Update: This morn i pulled the sip's out of the SA for clean up..post mortem seems to show that the 3.5 gal sips were addequate..the roots had got dwn into the base but were wispy..all the bases were full to the overflo hole and i had never filled them..the frains did it..imo the plnts roots didn't take advantage of all the soil available..the starter 1 gal and 1/2 gal smarties were full of roots but not in the 3.5 although they reached to the bottom of it..i put all the soil in a whlbarrow in the basement to dry out a bit before i str it in 5 gal bkts to be reammended..i already have the soil for the auto set aside and potting mix for the GS..i'm hoping to tp four or five to soil if they recvr frm my ph f up..Deth Stomper is in the house so i need to get rr cubes and bskts to get ready

14. Update: tp'd the auto into a 3.5 gal sip..weather report is good for the wknd so the trio may go into the SA on sun

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. TTS says the winds knocked one of the SIPs down but I don't know how bad it was hurt.. Still playing games in the snow so it'll be a few more days till I get back..
    BNW

16. Update: Got a bit of a shock today..lndlady told me there'll me bldg inspection of all apts nxt wk..great! my stuff is pretty stealth..i'll put the big plnts out in the SA..the clone unit in the shwr and take the little lite dwn..disconnect the r/o unit and i'm good..i even got my rec renewed..i've been thru this before its about the insurance as well as verifying the units as the complex is listed again for sale..third time in three yrs..this place is a bad buy for the price..nuthin to do but ride it to the end..i been here 10-12 yrs i'd hate to move but at the same time maybe i can do better..idk..maybe its time for a change..future is murky and not just for me..seedlings are recovering and clones got great roots developing good roots 001.JPG good roots 002.JPG good roots 004.JPG good roots 005.JPG

17. Update:7 of the GS recovered 2 were dumped..the roots are looking great..the biggest clones went into 4'' bskts and the decks they will live in to the end..the HAZKS and Pink Dx Amnesia went into the SA this morn..hope they don't stretch too much..building the canopy is going to be interesting..the clones will go in ugly cab under the big lite nxt wk after the inspection..gonna do a dual dwc under that lite..on the other side of cab maybe soil..thinking 3 of the GS and the small HAZKS to soil to veg..when SFC gets harvested replacing it with them if i get the grwth and timing right..Deth Stomper sds are being soaked today..all 10! feelin bold..the 3.5 gal bkts modular thing is wrkin out nice..start to finish including azamaxing all the plnts and SA, DE treatment..took 30 min..started 6:30 am done by 7am SA refilled 001.JPG SA refilled 002.JPG SA refilled 003.JPG SA refilled 004.JPG SA refilled 007.JPG SA refilled 009.JPG SA refilled 011.JPG

18. Rocking and rolling now good buddy!

19. Joker i chk'd your link..they look like the ones i use ..i got mine two yrs ago and they have since updated from 3w to 5w..that size was the 48x3w and cost $100..also has a switch for veg/flwr that i'm not seeing on the new unit..they could just not be showing it in the pic..if you can get a pair for $130 thats a good price imo..i think they must be liquidating stock ..MARS_HYDRO does have a tread here on GC and the rep's name is Sara..might drp her an e mail myself see whats up..i'm lookin to get another small unit to get a pair for that price would be slick