what is beer, liquor like, can you control yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeluxeHerb, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Alcohol= Sedates the brain= not good.

2. I was at Dover last year for the june Cup race and didn't drink a drop :eek:. I was too hungover from the night before. I was high though.

Dovers so fucking loud man I was deaf for a good 5 hours afterwords. Not the best place to go with a hangover but what was I supposed to turn down free tickets all the way up top and right on the start/finish line? Hell no.

3. You have never drank before?

Strikes me a bit odd, but...

Alcohol is a double edge sword.

While in moderate quantities it is not excessively bad for you, it is a social lubricant and makes you let go off some inhibitions.

At high intake quantities, you will be

-obnoxious
    -vomiting
    -overly confident
    -impaired motor coordination
    -overly talkative
    -stupid
    -black outs
    -spinning

:rolleyes:

4. I'm not going to lie I'm one of those "I love you" drunks. Hugging random people. There are probably a million stories that start out, "So... this drunk bitch..." You just have to find a balance. Trees trump alcohol though, but in the end do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

5. I'd smoke and drink with you. ;)

6. same with weed, depends on the person/tolerance level.

generally speaking, a few cheap beers and you'll just have a little buzz, confidence, control etc. you just won't be as uptight, and you'll have a little more fun. but pretty much anybody can get to a point if they drink enough where you don't have complete control.

like for me personally, I don't start acting retarded/aggressive and all that shit, I can still think logically (kind of...), I'm just drunk. it's hard to explain. usually when it gets to that point I end up going to sleep shortly after anyways, wherever I am.

7. yeah, i can control myself and ive been pretty wasted. i can control my actions, but not my words so much. i vaguely remember saying one time whilst wasted "kangaroos are the jackass", and everyone just stared at me like...dafuq? lol

8. I wouldn't have much against alcohol if it wasn't so widely used and the only legal drug because that shit just aint justified.

95% of fights I've seen in people over the age of 18 has been fueled by alcohol, half the fatal road accidents on our roads are by people under the influence of alcohol so yes you probably lose control. I myself can enjoy it even though I am kind of guaranteed to do something stupid but I always feel bad the next day dulled down consciousness and nausea. I only drink it when I know I'm going to be around other drunk people in social situations simply to handle the ignorance and obnoxiousness.

But people can do whatever they want and that's where I have the problem actually because people can't do what they want when the only options we have is alcohol and tobacco, until better drugs are legalised I'm always gonna have a grudge against the drug that douses our society in ignorance.

9. it's all about moderation, it is best to not be the most drunk one at the party

10. Drinking too fast. It happens to everyone- most people learn from it.

You take a couple of shots or down a cocktail, feel fine, drink some more really fast, and then all of a sudden you are black out drunk.

#1 rule of drinking is to pace yourself.

11. Yeah I'm like that too. I like that drunk who's like "thisshh guuuy, thisssh guy right here" :p

12. Personally think it depends how much someone is used to being drunk..
    Same with getting stoned, the first few times it's full of uncontrollable laughter, similar with alcohol.. But once you get a little more used to the effects, it's much easier to control yourself.i used to get hammered off 6 budweisers, i can drink a bottle of vodka and not be as fucked up now as those brews would get me.

13. Drinking is legal because it offers the masses a quick respite from the commercial grind that their lives boil down to and it also reduces their ability to question and make cognitive, logical thoughts.

Marijuana gives rise to thoughts and questions. It can't kill you, and it can make you see the commercial grind as meaningless and utterly pointless.

Thus, it is illegal.

14. I don't usually get very drunk but when im decently drunk I just sit there and feel relaxed. I'll say stuff that normally i might not but I think it depends on their personality while sober. My buddy on the other hand gets all intense about stuff and gets loud as fuck. he's more loud/assertive while sober to begin with.

how old is your sis/ how long has she been drinking?

15. Haha I go with my sisters husband and get drunk with his buddies

His cousins buy a spot on the dirt infield a d they hotbox it with kief I wish I blazed there haha

16. Have tried it
    Feels bomb
    Only do it like 1 time every 4 or 5 months but it cool !!

17. Here we have it folks.

18. I get mad philosophical and poetic when I'm drunk and I've been told I'm a great old story teller while drunk haha

Alcohol just effects us all in different ways sure

19. [quote name='"riverroadjack"']people have different reactions to being too drunk . . .[/quote]

This is true for all drugs. So first try do it small.

But alcohol is like "you get loud and slurry and talk about stupid grandiose ideas, try to get pussy, you can maintain on the right amount but too much is more dangerous than some hard drugs, smoking weed while drunk is the bees kneesc"

20. [quote name='"Meganthratalica"']In fine when I'm drunk. My friend who doesn't do anything, hung out with me and my other friends, and we all got drunk, and he said everyone was retarded and crazy but me. I was completely normal. Then I smoked a hell of a lot, an he said that's when I lost it haha. I'm good on alcohol. Weed, it can vary haha[/quote]

I rarely loose control on any substance, but if I do its usually alcohol+weed+alcohol, which may result In violence..