Best way to make hash using kief!?!?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tothemoon420, Dec 30, 2012.

1. So I have a bunch of keif that I compressed and haven't really been in the mood to smoke, and I want to use it to make hash so it stays longer, rather than it going stale and all. Any suggestions and techniques...? I've made bubble hash once, 6 years ago, so I'm not too familiar with pretty much all the different ways to make it. Anyway, this is a great website, glad to find it, and thanks to all tokers and blades out there!!!
    -

image-739444724.jpg

keep it green and smoke to the moon!!-

2. You can keep it sealed and in a cool place as kief for a really long time. But if you want to make hash either press it with a vice or hash press, or heat it up on the stove and press it by hand. The stove method works well if you put it in wax paper and fold the paper over a few times, basically keep folding till its the shape and size you want your hash block to be. Then put it in a warm frying pan, keep flipping it and roll and press with a can or jar. Your not trying to cook the hash, just warm it. Works good.

3. I usually get about that amount from cleaning my grinder, what I do is put it in a aluminum foil paper lightly press it by hand with 2 flat surfaces ( grinder, frying pan or whatever) then I heat it with a lighter or small flame and repress it.

It usually gives me a small puck of nice sticky hash and it tastes great because it didn't go through water or anything.
    and for easier removal of the aluminum foil put it in the freezer for 5 mins after pressing, it will get rock hard and peel off real easy

and never heard of kief going bad... but I never had it long enough to go stale so...

4. and for the amount you have, I have a feeling you will lose quite a bit by doing bubble or ISO hash...

5. I do this with my kief I get zigzags and make a little bag out of it, fill it with kief than tape it shut then wrap it in a couple of layers of newspaper and tape it shut. Soak it in warm water and put it in the oven at 220F and after that take it out and apply a lot of pressure then put it in the fridge to harden