little white balls

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hippy_Hay, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Ive heard your not supposed to use potting soil with those little white balls in it, true/false?

on a completly unrelated note my seeds germinated like 8 hours after putting them in a wet paper towel. is this good or common?

2. 8 hours is pretty fast, but ive seen it happen.
    Also, your correct when you say your not supposed to get ferted soil, however the white balls are perlite which you want. Fert balls are usually green/orange/yellow/blue, the colored ones are ones you want to avoid. The package will have a N-P-K number on the package if it has ferts, something like 10-10-10 or whatever, avoid those. Go all organic like black gold soil.

3. hmm... i probly should have asked BEFORE i bought two fifty pound bags of it. Thanx

4. What brand and ratio of NPK is it?

5. its some no name brand like "butterfield Ranch soil" i live a lil past the middle of nowhere so yea, the NPK is .04 .06 .05

p.s. sry it took so long to reply, i was outside seeing what kind of dirt this forest i live in has

6. Yea, i would avoid that soil IMO. Ive seen it grow in 10-7-5 before, but nute burn was there, and it depends on the strain too. Organic is the way to go.