Advice needed - How to start a movement in the most conservative country?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mikeferdy, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Singapore Cannabis Awareness | Facebook

Hi guys, I run this small facebook page and getting supporters are slow going...

Just wondering if there is any way to kick it up a notch... How did the most conservative state start a marijuana movement?

My idea is to start a hemp merchandise business like Hemp T-shirt, hemp plastic product and if possible hemp body care products to raise awareness about the plant... What do you guys think?

2. If Hemp is legal to have in Singapore, then yeah, that's not a bad place to get started I think.

But you gotta be careful in that country man. Don't they have the death penalty for selling?

3. The hemp plant itself is illegal but I don't think products made out of hemp is illegal...

We're trying to get rid of the death penalty but the problem is the political climate here in Singapore. Protest and Activism is very suppressed by the ruling party.

Having 4 people rallying about anything is illegal and could be jailed for up to 1 year... Which is why I want to go the business avenue...

4. Yeah, that's rough dude. I support your cause whole heartedly. Just be careful of what you do lest you be imprisoned or worse. That's a really sketchy part of the world as far as possession goes.

About 6 months ago I read about some guys sentenced to death in Singapore for possession (with intent to sell) of heroin found in an airport. So just dot your I's and cross your T's.

Good luck brother.

5. You have the right idea and the resources on the internet. It will take a lot of time and devotion to push forth what you believe in. I myself have been trying to get into raising awareness by starting my own movement. My website is like a journal of my artwork, but at the same time people can purchase my designs on t shirts, Purple Cloudz Lifestyle. Took me about 2 years to get everything proper and it's still in development. Hopefully my site can give you ideas to move forth with yours.