Next

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Dec 20, 2012.

1. #1 esseff, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    and so I have.

2. What a beautiful offering Esseff.

I see how your words are mingled with my own - to create something new.

What a wonderful idea.

3. Sounds very similar to very old eastern spirituality.

However, Why hasn't the 'father' revealed himself to every soul on earth at the same time as said in the Bible?

4. That's exactly what he is doing right now.

If you recognize him you will hear him.

5. (im not gonna edit this too much im just trying to get as much of my understanding out as possible, forgive me if it is a little non-sequitur)
    im going to recommend that you read accounts of near death experiences, they are so full of wisdom, the messages are always so consistent, and they resonate with me so well i believe them to be very powerful.

i know you have said that physical death is being destroyed thoughtware. and while i believe spiritual death is being destroyed i dont yet see the physical aspect being done away with. by this, i mean that the aspects of death are being seen in a new light. i see death as sweet release. we are spiritual beings experiencing this physical reality which is filled with suffering. after death there is a state of complete bliss and peace and love. i think the purpose of this reality is to bring peace, bliss, and love unto another dimension. with the level of suffering in this world, complete happiness and acceptance will be infinitely more valuable than in a dimension where bliss is the only option.

These i found at near-death.com:

"Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see." - Helen Keller

"Then I saw a light and everything stopped. It was as if the light communicated to me everything I had done wrong and it showed me what love is. It showed me that God is love. By spreading love, you make God stronger. By making God stronger, he can, in return, help you. He told me your love has to be unconditional. That is the only rule he really has. And it is one thing all religions have in common. He also told me that the drugs I was doing was like a false love. I was doing it so I wouldn't have to interact with people. I could inject my own love into my veins and be happy. But that is not good enough. I don't know. It was an odd experience."

^this one is what i have been feeling recently, while smoking weed and doing a few unmentionables has brought me closer to true love. they are not true love, so this phase of my life i believe is a period of time for me to bring my high philosophies into a sober life where i hope to be lovely, blissful and accept freely without any help from substances.

6. Keeping as much of the original spirit is really important.

Nice post Psilo.

This is the balancing I've felt was needed in my life for a long time. This began when I started the thread about T-Breaks, although it wasn't so clear to me then what I was trying to find.

Bringing this understanding into our life is really important, and why the constant use of mind-altering substances interferes with what we're actually using them for. I've always known this on some level, even during the times when I was using it all day everyday.

The insight and feeling of spiritual connection can be so strong, has been so strong, in my most sublime moments under the influence, that the temptation to make it the most important part of it is very real. But this seems to corrupt it eventually, and I have come to let it go several times, for long periods.

It is still a wonderful experience when I use it, although I no longer feel free to just do so without feeling that it is right for me to do so. Having this aspect at the fore, has not only helped me to remain sober in situations when previously I'd simply use because I could, but has allowed me to realise that while ordinary reality can seem very mundane, even boring, without experiencing it in the altered state, it is up to me to change that myself, not just make it seem as if I have.

7. im curious as to the dosage you are using now. are you on a lengthy break? or is it once a week type deal?

personally this time, i am going to quit cold turkey after new years. this was after trying and failing to cut down on my smoking. i havent set a date to start smoking, and i believe that is a good thing, i dont want to look forward to smoking again during this time, i want it to be completely absent from my everyday train of thought. i also doubt the break will last all year and when i do feel it is appropriate to start, it will definitely be an occasional thing.

8. It has no rules exactly, but it seems to be around 2 or 3 times a month. If I bring rules into play, I also bring a taboo factor as well. It is based on how I feel not on what I've decided I must adhere to.

Not only that, but when I do use, I use such a small amount (around the size of my little finger nail), and it lasts around 6 hours. T-breaks definitely affect tolerance, but my process involves meditation which enhances the effects considerably.

9. But, as I said, this may just be part of a process that makes me use less and less. I can't really say because I've been here before, and there may be other factors involved that are affecting the way I see this.

10. That's quite an important point. For it to be real, you have to become a person who doesn't smoke, and a person who doesn't smoke, never thinks about smoking.

11. Well this is interesting.

I posted TW's message, together with my comments, to see what effect it might have. Turns out the main result was to talk about using cannabis less. Unexpected perhaps. But not something that hasn't been on my mind for a while.

It is easy to feel certain things under its influence. I have been high in pretty much every situation you might want to do so, and definitely some you might not. While it has always been interesting, there is something about being in the altered state that has given me pause to look at just how real doing such things are?

If our life is all about the experiencing, and if the experiencing is what allows us to grow and evolve. Then if I do most of it under the influence of a mind-altering substance, what might I be realising from it?

Perhaps, what I come to see as the way things are, the way I am, the way I feel, is not as real as I think it is, and unless I balance it up by seeing things regularly through normal eyes, I might be limiting myself without realising it.

Yes, it feels very nice being high. But what if being high is something that has to come about directly through life itself, and too much cannabis not only interferes with that process but can actually stop it? If that were true, I think I'd want to know.

Wouldn't you?

12. The other aspect for me is who I smoke around.

I rarely alter consciousness around anyone else also doing so, and that may be because it is primarily a solitary meditative act for me these days. But I am not against doing so around the right person, it's just that there are simply no 'right' people around me at this time. This is also a factor.

While I usually feel that altering consciousness is a shamanic act, I have had some wonderful experiences around like-minded individuals in the past. I'm not closed to doing so again by any means. This could also play a part in why the use of cannabis for me has changed so much.

13. lol im going to continue with the off topic theme
    being 22, my weed usage was mainly a recreational activity for the first few years and a way to socialize and connect with others
    but it eventually became something i did on my own because i had this innate desire to 'figure out' what was happening as i smoked.
    than later i used it only when i would meditate.
    this is heaven on earth, so i shouldnt necessarily have to smoke to experience that.

now when i do smoke with others (the nodal activity that kept me and my friends together) i find my vibration lowering to that of theirs. or if i stay in a high vibration i just find it boring to be around them.

i had this theory a while back that paranoia ensued by smoking weed could actually bypass people straight to enlightenment if they could sit and experience the paranoia fully.

not long ago i came across a video by terrence mckenna stating that weed should be used in a very delicate way. he stated that an individual should smoke once a week the highest quality bud they can find, smoke until they realized they have smoked too much and than hang out in a dark room by themselves.

i tried it and it is a phenomenal experience.

haha however, i tried to recreate it the next day and thats where things went sour. this is only because the moment was completely new but my mind wanted something from yesterday.

weed is very powerful in that it can take our consciousness into the next level if intended to, however, it is also a physical substance that we shouldnt attach ourselves too. it takes a nice balance and an ability to 'FEEL' when and if we should smoke

14. in a way bud can leave you chasing consciousness, god and all that is instead of living it

15. Excellent post my Grimey friend. Much insight.

I like the idea of the dark room. Makes sense that it would be a one time only deal though.

16. [quote name='"thoughtware"']

That's exactly what he is doing right now.

If you recognize him you will hear him.[/quote]

But it says in the Bible that it will occur to all at the sane time, no speciality required, like a strike of lighting. We all see it, and we all here it. If God "returned" or whatever all humans would know at the same time.

But hey, what does that old book know anyway?

17. I don't really get the point too much. Should we abstain from everything pleasurable, or just cannabis because "its a mind altering substance"

18. in the scale of the universe, our lifetimes are so very short. this recognition is taking place at the same time, and soon all will come to realize, we cant all be exactly on the same wavelength though, so there are some that are further ahead than others.

as a collective, it will occur to all humans at whatever time the last person realizes it. it will only occur to all at the same time when each and everyone sees it at the same time. do i make sense? look at humanity as an organism, each cell (person) working toward the common goal. and that is what this will be, a gathering of people toward a common goal.

19. #19 dankydankk, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    [quote name='"Psilocybeen"']

in the scale of the universe, our lifetimes are so very short. this recognition is taking place at the same time, and soon all will come to realize, we cant all be exactly on the same wavelength though, so there are some that are further ahead than others.

as a collective, it will occur to all humans at whatever time the last person realizes it. it will only occur to all at the same time when each and everyone sees it at the same time. do i make sense? look at humanity as an organism, each cell (person) working toward the common goal. and that is what this will be, a gathering of people toward a common goal.[/quote]

No, I don't think some people have abilities over others, or are "ahead on wavelengths" we are all the same in my opinion. Something as drastic as a change on earth because of God would not be secluded to only a few. Especially when such things as the end of physical death is supposedly occurring ..
    Thoughtware has said the Bible is absolute truth, the Bible says that everyone will know from east to west at the same time,
    And to beware of those who claim to have new knowledge that others aren't able to understand, as all to often these words are of their own mind.
    Those are not my criticisms, but warnings from the Bible.

Even though I don't agree with your premise, what would be this goal? And what happens to human nature, we are imperfect creaturs on this plane

20. #20 esseff, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    @danky

Obviously TW can answer you himself, but we are all at different frequencies. This can even change significantly depending on how our day has been!

I don't know what the bible says, but in order to recognise anything as a change, we have to be open to it, ready for it. Even if you're expecting it to be a certain way, based on the words in a book that has been translated and altered, then it stands to reason that some will be ahead of the game, because they've been preparing for it.

While I accept that any major frequency shift will affect everyone on the planet, most couldn't handle such a dramatic change in their life because they don't really want it. So, anything like this idea will always be a lot less instantaneous than you're imagining it will, as the concept of experiencing the now for each of us is very different anyway.