Best Hemp Wick Brand?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Pizzaroll, Dec 18, 2012.

1. HUMBOLDT DAWG!!!!! DEE BEST IN DA BIZZ. for sure, humboldt. super genorous people with heart made of hemp.

2. I've tried about 6 different brands of wick.

Humboldt "fine flame" is hands down my favorite. Bee lasso and Beeline weren't too bad. The Hempwick brand had great customer service, but the wick tasted harsh. I thought Ital had a foul taste and seems to be the wick that is sold by all the headshops in Chicago that specialize in Chinese glass.

Unfortunately, Humboldt isn't sold at any of my LHS, so I order direct from them in CA. They have great customer service. Here's my last order. They will sometimes send extra goodies:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thread is old but i like to give my opinion. Just recently purchased the 200 ft spool of humboldt traders hemp wick. It is the best wick that I've tried bar none. Tried all of the hemp wicks beeline, I-tal, bee lasso, and the hemp wick. My search is over, humboldt wins hands down. Just so you know, beeline was my first but after doing a side by side comparison. Humboldt is a better quality product. The wick looks very high quality compared to others and it burned very smooth. They will have a customer in me for life. My search in a perfect tasting wick is over.

4. you guys light your bowls with that? or your joints too?

5. I light everything with it. Bowls, blunts, bong hits,bubbler hits. Even cigs taste better. But my main preference is smoking with my Sheldon straight.

6. That shit scares me in the car

7. I light all my smoking tools with hemp wick. Joints/blunts taste way better with hemp wick but taste best with Herb Iron.

8. #29 SolarToker, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    Humboldt Hemp Wick all the way. (AKA Humboldt Traders Hemp Wick)
    It's the best that I've tried and the shipping is fast.

9. #30 VortexMan, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    Discovered hemp wick with ital at LHS. Liked the concept then searched the internet for more info. Everyone agreed it was the worst kind. I then ordered a 100 feets of humboldt fine flame and a 100ft of full flame. I love both but i prefer the full flame.I love hemp wick, especialy for bong hit, I light it to have a nice wide flame then proceed to roast the herb with it. It milk the bong quickly, then Bon apetit!

10. I headed into a lhs the other day looking for some drum tobacco to roll cigs, when I saw bee line across the shelf. I was interested so I bought a single pack to try out. I personally think it really lets the taste of the weed out over lighters, and a "cleaner" high compared to butane

11. must not be very convenient for joints

12. This is a little off topic, but has anyone tried the RAW clipper lighters? They say they have 'iso-butane' in it, idk what that means honestly haha

I'm trying to find the overall best way to light up, I love solar hitting but in WA you get about 3 months to do that... I don't like regular bics, because you can taste the butane. The raw clipper I can't really taste anything

Can someone tell me exactly why Humboldt hemp wicks are better than I-tal? Thanks mates

13. I don't know about clipper mostly because BIC always seemed like the best lighter. Nothing is as reliable and give such a convenient flame. However I agree about the fuel taste ( still not as bad as zippo XD)
    As for humboldt VS ital the first agument is taste. Ital had this harsh un-natural taste while humboldt has next to no taste. The smell is different too, humboldt spool smell like the farm and field while ital smell like child labor. It just feel more natural. Ital is made in china and i wouldnt be surprised if they used chemical to treat it or spray it with lead (kidding here but you get my point).

14. Yea dude that makes sense.. I guess I was just amazed when I first found out about hemp wicks, I thought all of them were the same.

Deff about to try some Humboldt and have that sent up 2 states north!

15. I had it cross the entire country then up north the border. They asked 10$ for shipping so I told myself I should buy for at least twice that price to make it worth it. I also wanted to try both type anyway, so i ordered two 10$ spool. Overall I could not be more satisfied.

16. I light my joint with Humboldt Hemp Wick everytime I smoke.

17. Herb iron is the best smoking experience and you can use it everyday instead of 3 months lol.

When I smoke a joint I go for a walk. Don't see myself carrying that hemp wick

19. All you need is to roll some around your lighter and done. You won't have to carry anything else unless you light your joint without a lighter...