Dave Park - December 2012 Bubblers

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Today we check out the first three bubblers made this month by artist Dave Park. Based out of Rochester, NY Park is known for his signature style created using 24kt gold fuming techniques along with his talents in the metal and electroforming arts.

*For those in tune with the glass scene, you may remember Dave Park's from his past collaboration project alongside Tory Bennett and Toro Glass.*

[​IMG]
    Bennett & Park Collaboration Toro

The first piece (and my favorite) encapsulates everything I love about D. Park's style. Take the time to appreciate the vessel shaping, horns, and dichro badges coming together to create a classic vessel shape sure to inspire tokers of all ages. Contemporary aesthetics like hand-ground joints and a kettle-style concentrate attachment offset with the vintage-eque striking colors making the piece "classically, contemporary"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Take the time to appreciate the seperation of colors within the striking itself! sugoi!

[​IMG]

The second piece like the first is a bubbler complete with a slide and concentrate attachment. Instead of fuming however D. Park takes his signature "reptilian skin" look over into the realm of colored glass rather than fuming.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The third bubbler is truly one for the ladies... But Pink is a man's color remember? You just gotta' step up to the plate if you think you have the cojones. Done up in pinks, whites as well as a translucent color this piece is any color-nerds dream! Like the others she comes complete with a slide and concentrate attachment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From an enthusiasts standpoint, these may be some of the finest pieces of the year. D. Park's use of signature style paralleled with his flow and color choice make each one of these pieces unique. We have no word on where these beauties will be for sale, but if you'd like more information on Dave Park check out this link: Dave Park - Glass Artists.org

2. Those are absolutely gorgeous!

3. Looks like a penis at the mouth piece.

4. Amazing. The first one is my favorite, but the pink one looks like a sex toy.