~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Straight from the pages of one my business law texts:

"An individual who breaks a law that his conscience tells him is unjust,...in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustices, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    Mr Mojo Risin

3. I reworded my previous aphorism:

"As long as nationalism exists, peace can never be attained."

Does this one sound better?

4. Ain't nothing wrong, ain't nothing right but still I sit and lie awake all night
    -Sublime

People are of different spiritual temperaments and therefore will approach God in different ways.
    - Huston Smith

5. i'm a quote fanatic....here go some faves

(ps, dude who said if you're going to be stupid you gotta be tough...you didn't create that, i wouldn't say anything, but i hate when people take credit for shit that doesn't really have any importance and they had nothing to do with its creation...principles man)

"Life is too short to be anything but happy, so...love deeply, laugh insanely, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets."
    - my brah, Kevin

"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
    - John Lennon

"I used to do drugs. I still do drugs, but I used to, too."
    - Mitch Hedberg

"Now, I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
    or
    Use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams"
    -Kanye West

i ALWAYS have to throw in a bunch of bob...usually quite a bit of morrison too, but i'ma stick with bob on this'ne

“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold...”

“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”

“You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry”

“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!”

“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!”

“My future is righteousness.”

"If you get down and quarrel everyday, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say”

"Love would never leave us alone."

"Why do you look so sad, and foresaken? Don't you know when one door is closed, another is open."

"Even the biggest man was once a baby"

- Bob Marley

6. Very, very nice....

7. Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
    -Margaret Lee Runbeck

8. ^That's a cool one.
    I dont remember who these were from:

It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

Life is not a mystery to be solved but rather a reality to be experienced.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

9. "all men die....some never really lived."

10. "You only live once why not live a little"

"The world will make you its bitch inless you can fight it" -me

"You get shit on, then shit on some more, then fucked, until your the one eventually doing the shitting and fucking: -me

11. there is no reality, only your perception. yadada

12. Hehe mel gibson

I believe he also once said "the jews are responsible for all the wars in the world"

13. "There is no such thing as choice, only the illusion of looking back"

14. hahaha! i knew that was from a movie...i wasnt thinking of mel. but its decent quote none the less.

"a life not helping others, is a life wasted."

15. "It's hard to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

• Like Like x 1
  16. "I am a holder of the paleolithic work ethic... hunt and gather what
    you need to feed and shelter your people: 2-3 hours a day...
    Then hang out and tell stories, make art, dream, roll in the hay with
    your partners, and live in the blazingly bright natural world."
    -- Steve Self

17. "Whats that? You wanna get high?. Allllrighhhtt"

haha!

18. "Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind." -Terence McKenna

"What the psychedelic experience really is, is opening the doorway into a lost continent of the human mind, a continent that we have almost lost all connection to, and the nature of this lost world of the human mind is that it is a Gaian entelechy." - Terence McKenna

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. "It is no longer enough to be smart - all the technological tools in the world add meaning and value only if they enhance our core values, the deepest part of our heart. Acquiring knowledge is no guarantee of practical, useful application. Wisdom implies a mature integration of appropriate knowledge, a seasoned ability to filter the inessential from the essential."

~Doc Childre and Bruce Cryer - From Chaos to Coherence~

20. "So to be sick unto death is, not to be able to die--yet not as though there were hope of life; no, the hopelessness in this case is that even the last hope, death, is not available. When death is the greatest danger, one hopes for life; but when one becomes acquainted with an even more dreadful danger, one hopes for death. So when the danger is so great that death has become one's hope, despair is the disconsolateness of not being able to die." - Soren Kierkegaard, The Sickness Unto Death.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"You can have proof standing before you and still doubt what you see. As for belief, once you can weigh and measure it, that belief becomes knowledge. Belief is something that can't be proven in this world of physical restarint, but it can't be broken either. Yet it is the strongest of things that exist in this world. believing is much stronger then knowing." - Mel Odom, Under Fallen Stars.