Collab Burtoni & Laceface - "She Rydaz Series" Collaborations

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Dec 12, 2012.

1. In one of our first "Glass Otaku" forum posts we explored the mind of Burtoni, easily one of the biggest names in the glassblowing world today. In the piece titled "Taking flight with fantastic flamingos" we interviewed Ben about his choice of the Flamingo as a form of study as well as showcased his current ornithological repertoire.Today we take a look at the newest series of collaborations with Laceface, having collaborated in the past before these two heavyweights have thrown down on a new series of dry pipes titled "She-Rydaz".

The first of the two is aptly named Chocobo the Flamingo Warrior Queen. This a a dry pipe which features one of Lacey's stunning female figures riding one of Ben's flamingos in search for her next quarry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second piece made was an exciting and breathtaking change-up to the "riders" series Burtoni has been collaborating with different artists on. Instead of using one of his signature flamingos or any bird for that matter he instead decided to go with his Hawaiian roots, by sculpting a seahorse. Lacey's Mermaid rider on the back is another testament to her sculpting abilities, also take the time to apprecitate the way the colors have "struck-out" in her hair. ("striking colors" are glass colors that appear pale or colorless in the cold sheet, but "strike" or mature to target color when fired.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can probably tell collaborations are probably some of my favorite glass pipes that are being created. Being able to see each artists signature style being represent and complimentary to another's is something you rarely see in other "industries". I'd like to thank both Laceface and Burtoni for coming together to create these inspiring pieces.

Dig these pieces? subscribe to the glass otaku forum right here on grasscity.com

2. Wow! OMG! I joined this sight like 10 minutes ago to talk ask about laceface, and just stumbled on this post! I really like his work, and wanted to get one like the first pic here: LaceFace Glass - Gathering Glass Designs

3. I don't think I could bring myself to smoke out of something so pretty.