Pump size?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by joetokealot, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Me and my grow partner have become very interested in high pressure misting aero (not the sprinkler systems most people are calling aero), but we're talking about a 50-100 plant setup using clones.. I would like to hear some opinions on what type/PSI of pump would be appropriate for such a setup.

2. Wow a 50-100 plant setup? Wish I had the room for something like this. Have been told a minimum of a 600 gph pump just for a small tote that does 6-8 plants. I am not sure how big of an upgrade you would need, but thinking that a smaller setup will not work for you unless you did small setups and just made a bunch of them. There is a thread here in the Aeroponics board you might want to look at. It has a large setup might be more up your alley.

[​IMG]

3. [quote name='greatkitsune']Wow a 50-100 plant setup? Wish I had the room for something like this. Have been told a minimum of a 600 gph pump just for a small tote that does 6-8 plants. I am not sure how big of an upgrade you would need, but thinking that a smaller setup will not work for you unless you did small setups and just made a bunch of them. There is a thread here in the Aeroponics board you might want to look at. It has a large setup might be more up your alley.

http://forum.grasscity.com/aeroponics/1084923-new-modular-aeroponic-system.html

4. I use a quiet one 6000 in my res. All my aero stuff came with mag pumps. Can't stand the danner/mag brand since saltwater. The bigger pump is better. More circulation in res and you get more nutes sprayed. I did see a difference also.

5. Forget gph that figure wont hold up in a high pressure aerosetup. You need a high pressure water pump 80 psi or greater. There are plenty of cheap 100psi pumps out there on ebay or you can buy from a company that specializes in aero setups.