Need humidifier...recommendations?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by w0034, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Greetings! I have a small one from lowes. Cheap, works ok,but it runs through the resevoir too fast. Anyone have a humidifier that is possibly wall mounted, and has a port for water from a cold water feed? That seems like it would be ideal.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    w00

2. You could just expand the reservoir.

If you could tap a hose into it's reservoir and connect it to a 5 gallon bucket, it'd work well. You could install a float valve in the 5 gallon bucket also, so you wouldn't have to refill.

3. Why didn't I think of that..... It would still be nice if it was wall mounted. I could rig that too I guess.

4. You know, I used to have the same problem with a reservoir that holds about 1.5 gal at a time.. I had to fill it every 16 hours or so and it was so annoying. But can I ask you why you need it? Because for me I started using it to inc. humidity but it was mainly to lower my temps of the canopy by a few degrees. But now I stopped using it after getting a cooltube and the humidity is around 30-35perc average w/o it just from the water in the soil...

5. I'm at 25-30%. It's cold here now, I'm heating my vegge room to 75-80. I was finding my clones and veggies were not growing like they were in the warmer weather. First year. My humidity was around 45-50% during the spring/summer months, and I'd like to get it at that point now. They just seem to react better in that range.

w00

6. So I found a humidifier in my moms attick and threw it in my room grow area for 2 days and the tiles on the floor was wet! How humid is too humid?

7. Get your own thread scrub.

w00

8. Chill out dude, you probably could have learned something.

If there's water on your tile, that's probably too humid. Get a cheap temp/humidity monitor and see what it's at. Too much humidity makes it harder for plants to transpire and essentially cool themselves. Kinda neat haha

Anyways.

I don't think it's a good idea to wall mount a 5 gallon bucket of water and a humidifier. Five gallons of water is 40 pounds, that's a lot of weight.

There may be a better option than trying to retrofit a humidifier. Have you ever considered use an ultrasonic fogger? Here's a link to a cheap one.
    Basically, put that in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and grab a cheap pc fan. Mount the fan in the lid and cut another hole in the lid for an intake. You could set it on a timer and figure out timing.

I mean, if you're totally broke.... you're just fucked :smoking: