Medical Marijuana in Illinois

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Smoke Treees, Dec 3, 2012.

1. So, if house bill 0030 passes there will be medical in Illinois, where I live. I would get a script and would love to start growing. As of now if this does pass you will be able to have 6 plants. Does anyone know if it would be possible to have more? Also, can I legally sell to dispensaries with my excess weed? When I was in Nor Cal (Redding) I met a grower who had a LOT of plants. He said for him they did count how many plants you have, but they counted by canopies. You can have X amount of canopies and however many plants fit under them. I know this is going to be hard to answer because every state is different and Illinois hasn't even passed it yet but my main question is do you think I will be able to make a living as a grower in Illinois is this passes? Thanks

2. #2 weedtime, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    No. You will not be able to make a living as a grower. This is one of the strictest bills in the country. You should give it a read. And its a max of 5 oz's and 3 plants.

3. Yeah Illinois is super strict. :eek:

4. Yeah, I read it and it is pretty strict. Though not as strict as it could be. You could get it for something like arthritis, if you could prove you have it on some level. Or you could get it for acid reflux disease or irritable bowel disease, and what American over the age of 30 doesn't have one of those two? But you won't be able to get it for something as simple as insomnia or general "pain" like you can in California. And it's not approved for any mental conditions so no prescriptions for anxiety/depression etc.

If I were you I wouldn't be so quick to assume you will automatically be able to get one of these prescriptions.

5. My father has cancer that's mostly why I want this to pass. I also love marijuana and would like to be his caregiver if possible.

6. I really wish when states are scripting these bills they'd consult experienced growers which could lend real-life tangible facts to the equation, and doctors experienced in treating various conditions using cannabis. For instance, with a very strict bill like this, what constitutes a "plant?" If you had seedlings, do those count as your say 6 plants? What if 3 of the 6 didn't turn out? And the yields of the allotted number of plants should never result in someone being over their finished bud weight limit. If a bill like this allows 2 Oz. possession at a time (haven't read it) and 6 plants at a time, -what is a reasonable yield amount from 6 plants? Time and again, these factors don't add up correctly and even to the best of the person's ability to be within total compliance, the way the bill/law is written puts them in jeopardy, even temporarily, if there were persons looking to harass medical patients. The quantity should be up to the doctor/patient/requirements of the qualifying condition, just like any other drug in treating a condition. :cool:

7. Exactly! They need to determine all factors

8. The current bill is all fucked up. The way it's written right now, one fucking company would have a monopoly and be the only dispensary in the Chicago area. If I remember right the companies name is medponics or some shit like that.

9. In CO we can have 6 plants, three mature and three immature. You can get a recommendation from your doctor to be able to grow more and some have been able to legal grow up to 40 plants.

The reality of the situation is, if you are not selling your stuff, you can grow as much as you want. Police are not out looking for grows unless they just stupid and are growing hundreds of plants illegally.

10. IL HB30 will not allow a patient or his/her caregiver to grow. All growing must be done by the dispensary. Patients can buy up to 2.5oz per 14 days, from the dispensary. IL will allow a maximum of 59 dispensaries throughout the state, and no more than 1 per senate district. The medical conditions that allows a Dr. to give you a perscription, are very strict, and very clear. If you don't have one of these conditions, your shit-out-of-luck:

cancer; glaucoma; HIV/AIDS; hepatitis C;
    amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); Crohn's disease; agitation of Alzheimer's disease; cachexia/wasting
    syndrome; muscular dystrophy; severe fibromyalgia; spinal cord disease, including but not limited to
    arachnoiditis; Tarlov cysts; hydromyelia; syringomyelia; spinal cord injury; traumatic brain injury and
    post-concussion syndrome; multiple sclerosis; Arnold Chiari malformation and Syringomyelia;
    Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA); Parkinson’s disease; Tourette’s syndrome; Myoclonus; Dystonia; Reflex
    Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD); Causalgia; Neurofibromatosis; Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating
    Polyneuropathy; Sjogren’s syndrome; Lupus; Interstitial Cystitis; Myasthenia Gravis; Hydrocephalus; nail
    patella syndrome

11. I've got some fucked up discs in my back from when I was in the military, I wonder if that would allow me to get a medical card (if one of these bills ever passes). And I'm no medical doctor, is the tail bone considered part of the spinal cord?

12. Woah, woah, woah, did they amend it?! Cause when I read it the patient and or his primary caregiver could grow 5 plants but not have any more than 2.5 usable oz at a time within a 14 day span. You're telling me a cancer patient can't grow a couple plants for himself? :eek:utraged:

13. Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB1381

That was the last MMJ bill that failed to pass, which would have allowed 6 plants(3 mature.)

14. I was looking at the new one trust me bro. I know how to read

15. I wasn't implying you didn't know how to read. Just trying to help out muh fellow IL blades. :)

16. It should. My back was why I got a card in CO.

17. Illinois should take HB30 and pretty much stick it up their wazoo,I've talked to several people with medical problems that would definately be able to get the illinois card if it passes but they all said the same thing I said,they couldn't afford to buy from one of the 59 dispenseries and the bill won't allow us to grow our own so why bother with it,it would hurt alot of people who could really use the medicine,too bad insurance companies wouldn't pay for such or at least a percentage of the cost of the medicine but thats how the ball bounces.I guess they have to start somewhere but for now it sure sounds suck ass!!

18. I wonder when they amended the bill to exclude growing. I swear it wasn't to long ago that it said you could grow. That's horrible of them to do. I had to go back and double check. I want organic, top shelf medicine, having to spend my hard earned dollars on a plant is wrong. At 300+ an ounce, it's like we are paying for those pills that cost outrageous prices that the insurance company STILL wont pay for.

19. Finally the answer I was looking for. They did amend it. It's some horseshit

20. proud to say illinois is the 20th state to introduce medical marijuana :)