Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone have any edible questions!? I can help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the bubbla, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Thanks for stopping by! Well I have yet to try the crockpot method, seeing I use the double boiler method since it has given me the best results. However, I have has friends of mine use the crockpot and they say cook with trim and use the ratio of 1oz of trim to 1lb butter. The first part of the chemistry is releasing the trichomes from the trim / bud. You will release more of the active ingredients in the marijuana if the bud is finely ground and all of the trichomes are exposed. And for there recipe for crockpot butter as follows:
    The method They like best is to put a couple inchest of water in the bottom of a pot. Add 4 sticks of butter and an ounce of whatever you have. remove all the stems first then grind the weed in a coffee grinder. Bring the water to a simmer. Add the butter and let it melt. Then add the Cannabis,Whisk together. Simmer for 4 hours. Stir often in the first hour and only once an hour for the remaining three. Now strain the water butter and cannabis through cheese cloth into other containers that you can lid up. Put those in the fridge. The butter will rise to the top the water will fall. The butter will harden. Remove the butter from the top and discard the water. This method removes a lot of the crud you don't want to eat anyway. Also the water prevents the butter from burning or scorching during the long simmer. Hope this helps :)

2. Thanks. So the crock pot will do the decarbing?

3. The crock pot heating will be enough for a decarb. They use the crock pot, and heat the leaf for 6 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.

4. Thanks for clearing that up! This is our first try at it. Put all that trim to good use!

5. Ya no prob! Def put those sugar leaves to good use! ;)

6. store brought recipes home made Canna Coco Oil

Attached Files:

7. Looks awesome! Love the color of those snickerdoodles lol :)

8. A friend and I are planning to attempt to bake cookies for the first time ourselves, any tips or links to recipes you consider to be good? Obviously googling would return an abundance of results but it'd be nice to find a recipe backed by a reliable source

9. #29 SunStoner, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    What kind of butter are you using? how hot you running your canna butter and around what temp you wanna keep it at? Also how long? Also can you explain Double boiler method?

10. I use all natural butter unsalted butter. Or you can use a name brand that is a bit cheaper that all natural like land o lakes. For the double boiler method Find two pots where one will fit into the other. The smaller one, when placed inside the bigger one, should not touch the bottom of the bigger one. Add enough water into the bigger pot, but make sure it's not touching the pot or glass bowl that will be sitting in it.(this will cause scorching the butter) make sure your cannabis is finally ground and melt the two together. I don't have a thermometer but I go by the butter slightly simmering for about 30-45mins stirring occasionally.
    Here's one of my canacookie recipe:

Ingredients
    2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup unsalted canabutter, melted

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 egg

1 egg yolk

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
    yields 1 1/2 dozen

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
    Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
    In a medium bowl, cream together the melted canabutter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here's one I use often, remember the better the bud and the longer the cook time for canabutter the better the product. You should feel the effects like in any edible within the hour. :)

Ingredients
    2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup unsalted canabutter, melted

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 egg

1 egg yolk

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
    yields 1 1/2 dozen

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
    Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
    In a medium bowl, cream together the melted canabutter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

12. i respectfully disagree with this ....not to step on toes but im pretty sure decarb DOES NOT happen in the crockpot in this matter....

in a nutshell decarb = getting more bang for your bud!!!

this happens by drying out your product to chemically convert THC-A into THC..

this is my first process befor anything when making oil or butter....

do u have to do it ..NO ... but like i said more bang for your bud at the price of an extra hour of work?? seems very worthwhile to me to do to squeeze out as much out of it.......

ballpark way... 220 for 20 -40 mins the dryer the product less time wetter more time ....

choose a long enuff pyrex dish to make sure the layer on bottom is thin double wrap with aluminum foil .... after the time in oven let it cool down COMPLETLY.....

add your oil or butter ( i also add lecithin ) mix and process to YOUR method (oven,crockpot,etc)

Attached Files:

13. There are a lot of different ways to make edibles. I have always heard that you needed to heat the bud or keif up to activate it. I am not sure that just doing this in a crock pot would work as well.

Also I have read on this forum that using an organic coconut oil is better than butter.

Any comments? I have no idea which is better.

14. I have made both butter and coco oil. ... Hands down properly prepared CoCo Oil is FAR superior to any other oil in so many aspects. Firstly it's the best car to deliver THc to the body , tastes great in baked goods and the taste mixes well ( Especially chocolate, peanut butter coffee!!)and on a health note much healthier than butter,corn, lard etc.... The reason why is because coco oil is a MCT chain Type of oil..... In plain english =coco oil is smAller in size ,,, the body can break down easier and faster As an ex-'wannabe body builder 'I can remember back in the early 90's twinlabs came out with MCT Oil...the bodybuilder wood use it while preparing or a contest for a clean fast burst of energy to power tru a workout while on a super restrictive low calorie diet. In Thc speak= faster efficient use of the coco kana oil. I wood also like to add that I add lecithin to my oil as well as this makes the "car" go faster and longer. I've done both with And. Once without :... 1 time without was enuff proof to me to know that I wood NEVER again make without it... :^) Another reason why is that u can then use the coco kana oil to make other things....coco oil capsules,,,, use as a topical on yur skin. ,,,Or to mix with liquids Lastly one tip I'll share is ... I like to put all my kitchen gear that touched the oil into the freezer when im doneall my utensils ,measuring cups , and mixing bowls etc. . Wait 20 mins or so... Any oil will turn green and ez to spot wit the eye. I then scrape off the frozen clunks and add my hot coffee. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I like firecrackers because they are so easy to make. And, they get you so high.

16. Jesus Christ! Now someone says I need to de carb before making Cannabutter. I think I will, just to be safe. I suppose if the crockpot got over 220f, it would be ok but I want a slow simmer for no burn butter.

17. Its my first time tryin 2 make weed cookies nd i only have a dime of weed what is the max. amount of cookies i can make nd still get high also how many will i need 2 eat. I also need 2 know how to make the cookies pls. help i wanna make them 2marrow :confused:

18. edibles dont get me high they did once before when i just dumped weed in oild and microwaved it and left the weed in but everytime i try to do it right i dont get high i always have made them myself

19. Thank you for that now we have around prob 14 g of vaped bud should we run it for a few hours or 45 minutes enough to extract all? And by simmering you mean like slighty boiling with small bubbles>

20. OP, is there any way to make a single brownie if so how much weed do i put in the butter and how much butter do i use?