Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone have any edible questions!? I can help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the bubbla, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys I'm an edibles baker and didn't know if someone needed any tips or help. Granted we all have our different methods but any method helps right!? Ok guys, I'm a long time chick baker so this isn't my first time around, so I at least know my way around the kitchen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. got any pix of your medibles? looking for ideas for x mas

3. image-8094234.jpg

image-66105831.jpg

image-2483587684.jpg

Here are some, definantly depends on each recipe. I feel an original recipe out then a tweak it to our edible standards. Use your imagination because it can come out looking and tasting awesome

4. Cookies are the best for edibles because they all ready call for butter unlike some other recipes that call for veggie oil. If your a first time edibles baker do something that will work in your favor. Do something easy that wont overwhelm you :)

5. image-996903343.jpg

image-4273560288.jpg

image-724956507.jpg

Snickerdoodle, triple chocolate biscotti, and banana bread; remember these are medible pics, took a long time to get these to perfection :)

6. For Xmas ideas I would suggest buying a cookie tin from the store for like 2.99$ choose a recipe wether it's two different cookies or whatever you like and then stick them in the Xmas tin for the gift :) it will keep them fresh. What I do is stick them in a tin and throw them in the attic where it will be cold and stay fresh until your ready to give it out!

7. What's your favorite oil source for cooking? Does it depend on the food you're making, or do you prefer a certain source? What methods of extraction do you use?

You're stuff is looking mighty tasty. Wish I had more bud on hand to use for edibles. But only small amounts so I smoke mainly.

8. is there a way to make just as strong weed butter in oven?

9. Well I do like to use a double boiler for cannabutter, it's just a nice even heat without any burning and a smoother taste I think. Another way I found to add a little extra something is cannaflour: super fine ground weed; for every one cup of flour add half a cup of the weed. This isn't necessary and costly if your not selling the product, but it gives the baked good an extra little kick. For my recipes I usually go off of one gram per person, so usually get a half o. I only make stuff when I get a demand from people therefore I can get a profit and make more for everyone. You know gotta make some kind of profit for the amount of time and weed you put into it. But it's not just about that, I also like to make people want more and know that there satisfied with my product :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. only way i can get weed past my parents, but im using betty crocker pumpkin spice and i have no idea how to make shit out of it.

11. Can it just be substituted with butter instead??

12. Alright, hey you gotta do what you gotta do right? Well are you making them in the home with your parents because it will smell if using cannabutter, especially if your cooking it for a good 30-40 mins, you might not want them around lol or go to a friends house. are you using the spice cookie mix or the cake mix? And since its a box it's going to obviously call for veg. Oil which can be easily substituted for cannabutter. Remember if it calls for 1/2 c of oil, one stick of butter equals to a 1/2c. But for cannabutter make sure you use a double boiler, (a pot with simmering water in it, and a glass bowl on top of the pot without the water touching the bottom of the bowl) it's the best results and you can use a cheese cloth or a metal coffee filter, depends on how fine you grind it up. Let me know your details so I can guide you a bit more. :)

13. Absolutely it can! Just remember the amounts that each recipe will call for. Example: a cake recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of veg oil. That means 1 stick of melted butter/cannabutter for a substitute. Each stick of butter equals to 1/2 a cup.

14. Well I guess you can, but it will burn. If you don't want to do a stove top method, I've heard to try it in a slow cooker, granted I never have tried the slow cooker method so I can't guarantee your results but I've tried doing cannaoil and cannabutter and the best methods. Honestly cannabutter deliveries a better high than the oil, seriously make it in a double boiler, you won't be dissapointed!

15. You've got the makings of a great thread here and possibly sticky quality if all goes well. You've got products that everybody can relate to and strive for. You've already provided a lot of good tips and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Personally, I'm preparing to make a Cannabis Baklava for Christmas using enhanced butter, honey elixir and elixir glazed pecans, and any other thing I can think of to enhance. I've made regular baklava before a few times but this will be my first cannabis version. I'm using a recipe I've used before but would be interested in tips you may have. I do my enhancing by way of solvent transfer from Green Dragon so I don't have to be concerned with covering spices or flavors but any suggestion you have would be welcome.:D

16. Thanks so much! Maybe this might become a sticky seeing edibles are the new thing. Well a baklava sounds awesome! Can I come over!? Lol! Hey here's a baklava recipe I've used and people seem to love it. It's pretty easy and not to labor intensive especially if your cannabutter is already made and ready to go. :)

Ingredients
    1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough

1 pound chopped nuts

1 cup cannabutter

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup water

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup honey

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
    Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside. Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit pan. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 2 - 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, cannabutter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 - 8 sheets deep.
    Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
    Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla and honey. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
    Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it. Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers. This freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.

17. Also to add to the recipe post: with your melted cannabutter for the baklava use a basting brush for your layers, helps paint a nice even layer :)

18. I have a question....

I have 28g of sugar leaves and popcorn bud. Chopped last week and pretty dry. The miss and I are making Cannabutter in a crock pot tomorrow. Question is...

1 pound of butter
    1 ounce of weed

Will the heat of the crockpot simmering on low over 12 hours provide the de-carb needed? .... or do I need to de-carb before simmer?

19. That's a good recipe and I may give it a try. I probably won't decide which way to go until I get my supply but I'll probably use yours. I've made mine before, just not enhanced, and I often like to try new ways and this seems simple enough. I'm glad to know that it freezes well since I'm the only recipient. That serving suggestion is good, too. Thanks.

*Yea, I always use a brush otherwise that phyllo can be a bitch. ;)