Self Inflicted Blacklight Tattoo Sleeve

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by MJ42 Glass, Nov 29, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

I could not afford to pay a tattoo artist for the size of the tattoo I wanted, so I bought a tattoo kit and some blacklight ink and did it myself! My entire left arm is sleeved now and is only visible in a blacklight! I love this piece.

2. I can't see it very well but blacklight ink is something i might definitely look into, thats awesome haha!

3. That's so fucking cool. Any pics of what it looks like in normal light? Or is it actually completely invisible?

4. what ink did you use? our shop has some that is really bright under black lights but it's really how the artist lays the ink, the more shallow it is the brighter it glows BUT it won't last as long to where you can pack it in and have it last long but it won't be as bright.

5. imagine if you tattooed your dick with glow in the dark ink and you're about to fuck some girl and she sees your dick glowing in the dark lol

6. I will have to look at the brand next time I pull out my tattoo kit. I have found that wider lines enhance the glow quite a bit, it just does not do details with as nice of a glow.

7. Dude you are a bad ass for real. Mad props

8. how's it look now? Has it healed any more?

9. The skin is totally healed. As far as the ink, the oldest portions have faded a little, but that part was done with a smaller needle cluster. The newer parts I did much thicker and they are glowing wonderfully.

10. damn, that scarred really bad, how deep did you go?

11. I actually purposely built up the scar tissue so you could see the design. I would let it heal for a day or two then scrubbed it with a wet washcloth to tear up the scabs again. I kept this up for a week or so and then let it heal. Scarred it up very nicely.

12. if you say so, that wouldn't have been the way i would have done scarification but whatever floats your boat.

13. Well, here we are. Three years since I tattooed my arm with blacklight ink. Overall, the tattoo still looks great. I have learned to use a wider needle set as the ink glows better when it has some width in the lines. Since I am a glassblower, I am a little worried about the light from the torch and flame I use making the tattoo fade. But so far, I cannot see any effect. Here are two recent photos of the blacklight tattoo, three years after I tattooed myself. Thanks for all your comments and questions and I am off to the torch to make some more glass art! Happy Holidaze!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Perfectly the tattoo looks! Very much it is pleasant to me! Just like the regular tattoos, the glow in the dark tattoos tends to fade when you expose them to the rays of the sun or any other elements. [​IMG] When choosing for the best part of your body to place these tattoos you have to make sure that they will be visible. Some of the areas that you can have a tattoo easily visible include the following [​IMG]
    http://tattoo-journal.com/15-best-glow-in-the-dark-tattoos/