tga soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ruffstylez, Nov 29, 2012.

1. My buddy tested this new super soil and grew some really high quality bud. He got me interested in trying this, but looking at what it is looks like the same recipe as what you guys create here. It worked for him from start to finish. Has anyone else heard of this? Sounds better then mixing something myself but until it hits the hydro stores I'm not sure how the cost will be.

2. #2 SOIGNE, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Sup Ruff,

Check out Inthegarden's thread called Easy organic soil mix for beginners. Follow advice on the first page and you will be golden. Water only soil that only gets better with age. You will have the best looking, best tasting buds and you will never look back. Welcome to the wonderful world of organics. If beautiful potent juicy bud is what you like you have found the right place.

It really is about the same amount of work as tga's mix and you won't regret a little extra work now come harvest time.

Good luck.
    Soigné

3. Sub's weed is absurdly tasty, bordering on rediculous really, that is what got me to mix up a batch of supersoil while the compost for my DIY mix cooks a little more. Mind you Sub's recipe has been out there for quite awhile, it is not "new" per se.

4. This is a new soil that is already created and ready. That was the only difference is rather then making and mixing you're own you can get this new bagged pre mixed soil. My buddy tested it and it grew some dank. Depending on the price I was wondering if people would be trying this rather then creating there own

5. Are you talking about Green Avengers supersoil mix? That is an amendment mix to mix with EWC and base soil mix.

6. I found out more... and it is only available for sale in Oregon due to labeling problems.

There is a soil and the ammendment mix, they are to be used in tandem with compost/EWC.

It is not a stand alone soil, a vibrant healthy soil would not due well in large plastic bags stacked on pallets.

7. Sweet I'm in oregon. I'll have to check it out.

8. Subcool's soil is good and at it's best after the initial first grow. The reasoning is that he uses bat guano's that have not fully broken down during the first grow....

The only changes to his recipe I would make, would be the addition of rock dust and adding alfalfa meal, replacing the bat guano's, blood meal with another source of nutrient and having a diverse mix so all nutrients are available to the plants when the needs and want them.....

9. #9 Gnomepunter, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    He is not talking about a Sub mix, he is talking about his new bagged base mix that needs EWC and the green avengers amendment mix. In other words, Sub is making dirt now and sellIng it.

10. Yup. I heard about it from the guy who runs the grow shop in vancover wa. He was emailing tryin to get it in. He said it was like a 2 part mix but didn't have any other information on prices etc. So I was wondering if anyone else heard about it and were going to try to use it. sub said he wasn't going to sell it unless it was just as good as the stuff in his backyard

11. He sells the two parts and then you add as much EWC or compost by volume as you got in base soil.

12. haha...Got ya ....First I heard....

13. So he cheaply gathered dry amendments and makes you supply the aeration and humus?

No thanks, Organic cannabis growing should be about the microbes and,plants, not some profit.

My mix >\tSub Cool

14. Umm no, you add EWC, that is it. Did you click the green avengers link earlier in the thread? I seriously doubt there is another amendment mix anywhere that well inoculated for weed, actually I don't think there is another one let alone one as good. Not to be rude but the day I say anything I do is "better than Subcool" is the day I need a major reality check, the guy has done more for organic cannabis growing/breeding than I will ever care to and for that he and the folks he works with (green avengers) certainly deserves to make some money. Both my supersoil and my homemade mix are certainly more representative of where I live and what I want but I am not going to harsh on someone trying to bring great organic growing to an industry full of chemicals.

15. I like SubCool. I think that he kind of gets bashed on a bit but I dont know why. I watch his show Weednerd all the time on Youtube. I dont think that he is any different from most other breeders out there who have years of experience and wants to market what he knows...nothing wrong with that. Its called making a living doing what one loves.

All that being said, I will say that after watching his episodes on how to make Super Soil, there really isnt much difference from what he does and what we do here. IN some cases I do believe that there are recipies here that are superior to his. On one show, he showed all these amendments that he had just gotten from a hydro shop for soil prep. Most of it was DTE products. Same stuff that I use...since then, Im sure that he has learned to tweak it but I have seen him use bottled nutes for his plants...something that most here dont need.

My rambling point here is that I think that we all make our own version of super soil.

16. [quote name='"Gnomepunter"']Umm no, you add EWC, that is it. Did you click the green avengers link earlier in the thread? I seriously doubt there is another amendment mix anywhere that well inoculated for weed, actually I don't think there is another one let alone one as good. Not to be rude but the day I say anything I do is "better than Subcool" is the day I need a major reality check, the guy has done more for organic cannabis growing/breeding than I will ever care to and for that he and the folks he works with (green avengers) certainly deserves to make some money. Both my supersoil and my homemade mix are certainly more representative of where I live and what I want but I am not going to harsh on someone trying to bring great organic growing to an industry full of chemicals.[/quote]

I hear his wife grows the weed and he makes seeds also iv herd he went to cannabliss in Oregon and brought "JTR" but it was shitty :O andddddd on his weed nerd show he uses a crack torch lighter for his bowls ohhh man that tastes sooooo bad.

17. Haters gonna hate. Pretty sad really. Nevermind he has always credited Mz Jill and green avengers as being major reasons for his successes, he is an easy target for those who feel the need to take shots at those who have achieved something.

I was smoking Jilly's mom just last week that he grew, I can say first hand he grows ridiculously tasty weed despite some story told third hand from an event you didn't attend. And yes, as someone who smokes a lot of bho myself, I have lit many a bowl/joint/bong hit with my torch, sometimes it is fun to be a pyro.

18. Im right there with ya Gnome. He obviously knows his stuff when it comes to breeding and marketing and heck I WISH me and my wife were able to hang out and breed plants and such. I cant hate...I can be envious...but not hateful :D. If I were going to buy a bagged soil for convenience, I'd probably give it a try. Looks a heck of alot tbetter than FF or Roots Organic. I just like making my own thats all.

19. [quote name='"Gnomepunter"']Haters gonna hate. Pretty sad really. Nevermind he has always credited Mz Jill and green avengers as being major reasons for his successes, he is an easy target for those who feel the need to take shots at those who have achieved something.

I was smoking Jilly's mom just last week that he grew, I can say first hand he grows ridiculously tasty weed despite some story told third hand from an event you didn't attend. And yes, as someone who smokes a lot of bho myself, I have lit many a bowl/joint/bong hit with my torch, sometimes it is fun to be a pyro.[/quote]

Well sorry you feel that way im not hating I'm just just voicing my opinion, sorry I actually love his genetics there just a little unstable.