Fun for Guerilla Farmers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by clodhopper, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Id like to pass on a little tip to the folks growing guerilla about a companion plant to cannabis and one that is easy to grow and that gives as much pleasure as cannabis.

On the way to each of my grows, i pass fence rows, and fallen trees, rocky spots and lots of spots where a farmer cant really mow or even road side spots where the county cant mowand just anywhere where theres a 10' space. . These spots are just a wonderful opportunity to plant 30 - 50 asian poppy seeds which will result in a scattering of a dozen or so poppies spread about. Asian poppies arent the most colorful and dont have much of a leaf structure. Unless you know they are theyre, they really arent very noticable.

I have one flower bed in the back yard with 40 "afhan delights". They are truly georgous although the flowers are short lived.

The "china white" strain i buy is 8$ for a 1000 seeds and that allows one to hand spread seeds. The china white and other afghani strains are very very very tough and will grow well. Each year scattered around the countryside, i have as many as 2-300 poppies growing.

GROWING ASIAN POPPIES IN THE US IS LEGAL. In fact, theyre planted in the rotunda of our state capital and in yards and nurseries around the country.

CUTTING THE SEED HEAD OF THE ASIAN POPPY IN THE FALL AND MILKING THE RAW OPIUM IS VERY ILLEGIAL AND CARRIES A STIFF SENTENCE. Of course i never milk my poppies, but if i did, the 300 or so plants ive scattered about would yield well over an oz and perhaps 2, of pure raw opium that would send one into la la land when mixed inot a big on stogie.

I love seeing the beautiful flowers on the way to my grow although some less sensitive farmers consider the afghani poppies to be dull and ugly,i see them as wonderful blooms full of enjoyment. , And at the end of summer, youre china white will self sow and each spot will forever more, produce its own little buch of poppies.

2. #3 shroomhead420, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    [quote name='"clodhopper"']Id like to pass on a little tip to the folks growing guerilla about a companion plant to cannabis and one that is easy to grow and that gives as much pleasure as cannabis.

On the way to each of my grows, i pass fence rows, and fallen trees, rocky spots and lots of spots where a farmer cant really mow or even road side spots where the county cant mowand just anywhere where theres a 10' space. . These spots are just a wonderful opportunity to plant 30 - 50 asian poppy seeds which will result in a scattering of a dozen or so poppies spread about. Asian poppies arent the most colorful and dont have much of a leaf structure. Unless you know they are theyre, they really arent very noticable.

I have one flower bed in the back yard with 40 "afhan delights". They are truly georgous although the flowers are short lived.

The "china white" strain i buy is 8$ for a 1000 seeds and that allows one to hand spread seeds. The china white and other afghani strains are very very very tough and will grow well. Each year scattered around the countryside, i have as many as 2-300 poppies growing.

GROWING ASIAN POPPIES IN THE US IS LEGAL. In fact, theyre planted in the rotunda of our state capital and in yards and nurseries around the country.

CUTTING THE SEED HEAD OF THE ASIAN POPPY IN THE FALL AND MILKING THE RAW OPIUM IS VERY ILLEGIAL AND CARRIES A STIFF SENTENCE. Of course i never milk my poppies, but if i did, the 300 or so plants ive scattered about would yield well over an oz and perhaps 2, of pure raw opium that would send one into la la land when mixed inot a big on stogie.

I love seeing the beautiful flowers on the way to my grow although some less sensitive farmers consider the afghani poppies to be dull and ugly,i see them as wonderful blooms full of enjoyment. , And at the end of summer, youre china white will self sow and each spot will forever more, produce its own little buch of poppies.[/quote]

I like the idea but I wouldn't be able to order seeds right now.
    Would I be able to buy them from a store? I just red a few things about it.
    Sent from my iPod touch using GC Forum

3. There are tons of internet sites that sell them. They usually sell for about 8$ thousand and are easy to purchase. In fact, wal mart sells them in packs of 20 on their little seed display in the spring.

Have you seen those "burpeed" stands"? Asian poppies are often on those litltle carts. The purple ones i have in the yard were purchased at Lowe's.