Pics Thru Magnifying Glass

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lacostelaval, Nov 20, 2012.

1. #1 lacostelaval, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    EDIT: Please see post #15 for update

This strain is +Speed by Sweet Seeds. They say it's suppose to finish in 8 weeks from seed outdoors. However, this plant is closer to 3 months than 2 months old.

I took some pics thru my magnifying glass of the trichomes. What color do they look like to you? Clear or milky? How long till half of them turn amber?

Attached Files:

2. They look milky, you can harvest when 10% turn amber

3. Research the different highs u can get (mentally, physically) depending on the % of amber showing and have it your way :)

4. Thanks guys. I had two of these plants. Harvested one yesterday, so I guess it's a bit premature. I'll harvest the other later for a more stoned buzz.

5. Where can i get a microscope like that man?

6. Yeah, check Radio Shack in the store or online, about $12 & worth it's weight in cured bud any day of the week.

BTW, nice looking sugar!!!

7. Three months from seed or three months from the time blooms / buds started to form?

8. It's just a 2x power magnifying glass from Walmart. It was $4 and some change. I just cropped the pics to show through the bifocal lens.

From seed.

9. peacehappy, here's one of the original pics uncropped so u can see the magnifying glass:

Attached Files:

10. so can you not tell with naked eye? I can almost see just as clear on my plant without microscope (atleast i can tell the color) Which it still is clear, but getting milkier by the day, at day 32 of Flower, should be good in a week or two :D

11. #12 lacostelaval, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012

12. MAN, you must have great vision!!!! I'm jealous. I've never been able to tell the true color of the trichromes without a microscope.

13. #15 lacostelaval, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012

Attached Files:

14. harvest. the chemical content will only degrade from here

15. Are you sure? Please look at the pics in post #15. There are only a couple of amber trichomes. Shouldn't there be more before I harvest?

16. I agree, wait. I couldn't see any amber; a few clear, mostly cloudy. The percentage of amber is somewhat personal preference, but most peeps say 30% is a good balance. I usually go around 10% but I like a more "up" sativa type high than couch lock. Nothing to stop you from harvesting a little now, and more later. Dry & cure separately, keep them in their own containers, and let the smoke tell you which you like best.
    BTW, cool app, maybe there's more detail on your PC screen. But I think you'll be very happy with the results if you spend the $10-12 bucks on a Radio Shack microscope. They focus crystal clear, color is perfect, and they are extremely handy if you ever have to diagnose a bug problem. Be forewarned, though, first time you see a spider mite (hope you don't!!!) under a microscope it will scare the crap out of you:D

Pretty buds, bestaluck to ya.