Brandon Martin - Amphibious Inline Rig

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Brandon Martin is maybe one of my all time favorite glass artisans working in the craft today. His insane knack for detail and flow in conjunction with his out-of-this-world imagination make for some of the most engaging pieces I have seen in realm of pipe-making today. Today we take a look at one of his newest rigs.

As it does not have an official name yet I've decided to call it the "Amphibious Inline Rig". Looking more like a sculpture you would see on display at a gallery this free standing "amphibious creature" is actually a fully functioning inline water-pipe complete with a handmade dome. What I like most about this particular piece is Brandon's ability to cloak all of the functioning aspects from the naked eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mouthpiece design in conjunction with the size of the can make for an awesome functioning pipe. The length of the mouthpiece ensures that "splash-back" (water coming up into your mouth) is minimal. With a small can size like this piece I believe mouthpiece size and orientation is essential because too short or too thin of a mouthpiece can cause a straw-like effect. This is the one downside to a smaller water-pipe but in the end the flavor is maximized to it's fullest potential

I'm excited to see more rigs like this in the future from Brandon Martin, like the many artists we see today his style is forever evolving. Look out for more of his glass on the Glass Otaku forum right here on Grasscity post!

2. killer!

mouthpiece is my favorite part.

3. Love the shape and the eyes, kick-ass.