Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

'Gas' weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lowerdefinition, Nov 17, 2012.

1. So I got something called 'gas' the other day, no strain name or nothing. I bought a decent amount, but the nugs were so small it looked like I got ripped off or something.

Upon further inspection the nugs were super dense, almost like small gravel rocks. It wasn't super smelly but I was not prepared for how dank this shit was.

• It burned slow as shit, so one loosely packed bowl got me like 6 or 7 gargantuan hits. Super thick smoke too.
    • Dark green nugs but they were coated so much trichomes that it almost looked light green
    • The high sneaks up, I smoked an entire bowl and was like "That's it?" Then about 10 minutes later I was at a solid 8 or so and had to lay down and chill lol :smoking:
    Anyone had any experience with anything called gas? Im thinking it could be like Sour Diesel or something but I'm not sure. I live in the Southeast btw

2. gas is just slang for that good weed i.e. Im high as gas

3. GAS: Good Ass Shit
    That is all :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Cannistry, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    There's no way to tell exactly what strain you got, short of finding the grower and getting the genetics. However, a few strains are well known for having the characteristic gasoline smell you described, the most common being Sour Diesel and it's derivative strains (Blue Diesel, Death Star, Blueberry Diesel, Sour OG Kush etc.). Personally, I've also found a few Hazes that also smelled a bit like fuel.

I believe the term "Gas weed" can be a general term applied to these strains with this characteristic smell and/or taste. In some areas, it may just be slang for quality cannabis.

Sounds like you got some wonderful buds. "Gas" isn't a strain name that I'm familiar with and I can't find it in any databases, but in the end the name attached to the bud doesn't mean much. Enjoy your purchase; it sounds like you ran across something very enjoyable.

5. Haha I've never heard of that expression before so it was definitely strange hearing my dealer call it that w/ no strain name

You learn something new everyday ;)

6. Your dealer was listening to 2 Chainz. There's your explanation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZMaG1eO74]2 Chainz - No Lie (Explicit) ft. Drake - YouTube[/ame]

"I am smoking on that [gas]" First line..

7. I need a gas mask for this gas pack.

8. I don't know what term I dislike more, loud or gas.

9. I like loud gas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stupid terms made up by rappers.

Dank is what you have sir,have fun

11. [quote name='"Rashid"']

I like loud gas.[/quote]

Got some of that last night from taco bell.

12. sour diesel?

13. I know what it is............ i meant maybe its the gas weed........

like, "maybe its sour diesel?"

14. Oh haha, my bad man.

15. Not from rappers. Old hippie days slang. Get it right

• Like Like x 1
  16. This just happened to me, it's why I ended up here asking the same questions you did lol.