15 States including Texas submit petition to succeed from US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NasaJoe, Nov 11, 2012.

1. hey op, u say obama will not let these countries succeed. THEY ARE STATES STILL. they got to where they are because the union has stood for over 230 years. texas has the 15 largest economy in the world because it is a part of the us. do people really think that it would beneficial to try and leave the union? they tried once i think, and it did not work. also, if the us has troops and bases and in every state basically, they will bomb the shit out of its own brothers and sisters. they will not tolerate it so my advice is dont rock the boat yet. not just yet

2. NY is a welfare state you say?

[​IMG]

3. #43 Happiest, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    In reference to the succeeding states.....

All this shit does is muddy the waters..........instead of just bonding together as a nation of people and pulling this recession around, shit like this just grinds the momentum to a stop.

There's no truth in what our recovery is supposed to look like....we have millions of people looking towards the media and governments to tell us if we are recovering, but we have no idea, or context, of what recovery looks like......

SO, instead of trying to move a nation of people in a direction of progress, there's more people saying stupid shit because it's easier than working together to fix anything.

4. Go for it, I say

5. I wish, unfortunately we still have rick the prick running shit.

I honestly would be all aboard, I think the thing that needs to happen most not only in texas but the whole country is we need to completely throw out current govt and start over from scratch. its all much too corrupt to allow it to continue at all.

6. " . . . we have millions of people looking towards the media and governments to tell us": what to think, how to feel, how to act, when to shit, how many gallons our toilet should use per flush, how to raise our children, how to get a job, when to use a condom, yadda yadda . . .

THAT is the problem.

7. [quote name='"kayakush"']

hey op, u say obama will not let these countries succeed. THEY ARE STATES STILL. they got to where they are because the union has stood for over 230 years. texas has the 15 largest economy in the world because it is a part of the us. do people really think that it would beneficial to try and leave the union? they tried once i think, and it did not work. also, if the us has troops and bases and in every state basically, they will bomb the shit out of its own brothers and sisters. they will not tolerate it so my advice is dont rock the boat yet. not just yet[/quote]

I say fuck it. If states want to secede let them. The US is currently on a narrow path down the shitter with Obama in power. Wouldn't want any of these great states going down with it.

Btw Texas has the right to secede. It's the only state that truly does. It's in the Texan constitution.

[quote name='"Fizzly"']
    " . . . we have millions of people looking towards the media and governments to tell us": what to think, how to feel, how to act, when to shit, how many gallons our toilet should use per flush, how to raise our children, how to get a job, when to use a condom, yadda yadda . . .

THAT is the problem.
    [/quote]

I support what you said here 100%. Fuck the Feds and their wish to control our lives in such a manner.

8. Interesting just because it's so many at once but let me know when any of them actually make progress.

9. [quote name='"kayakush"']

hey op, u say obama will not let these countries succeed. THEY ARE STATES STILL. they got to where they are because the union has stood for over 230 years. texas has the 15 largest economy in the world because it is a part of the us. do people really think that it would beneficial to try and leave the union? they tried once i think, and it did not work. also, if the us has troops and bases and in every state basically, they will bomb the shit out of its own brothers and sisters. they will not tolerate it so my advice is dont rock the boat yet. not just yet[/quote]

If the Federal gov't bombed the shit out of TX for trying to peacefully succeed, wouldn't that garner support for TX independence. Seeing that the action the US govt would take is most certainly authoritarian, and imperialistic. And yes I know the Federal gov't has embarked in "imperialistic" and "authoritarian" endeavors depending your views, but never so blatantly to its own people.

10. Fixed that for you.......

If people didn't 'rock the boat' we'd be British citizens under a monarchy. Drinking tea, driving on the left side of the road.. ew I don't like that.

11. And don't forget . . . we'd all be gay too. [​IMG]

12. isnt Texas allowed to secede at any point in time?

13. ANY state is.

As I previously posted, the fed gov was a creation of the states at the time. The states voluntarily joined this union. They can voluntarily secede.

14. Wow i never new that smiley existed

15. Okay so the petition for Texan succession has gone from 9,000 to 11,000 within 3 hours!!

16. whoah thats crazy. they need 25,000 within 1 month from when it was submitted, correct?

17. Yeah, I mean... What the fuck is a Quebec anyways?

18. [quote name='"Broses"']

whoah thats crazy. they need 25,000 within 1 month from when it was submitted, correct?[/quote]

Yeah, it appears there's overwhelming support for this. It'll be interesting to see if the signatures can exceed 25 thou.

19. How do they know the signatures are from people that live there? Or is this done on the ground?