Newbie's first grow - outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Adam Cheeb, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Hey folks, I've perused this forum for several weeks. First post today. First of all thanks to everyone for putting out such great information to help us greenhorns out. Esp Spanish Fly. Very informative, well written posts. Here's my deal. Got 3 plants, bagseed. Started them in Dixie cups in mid-late May. Mid June I transplanted them to a large plastic bucket. Maybe 3 gal (US). I know you are not supposed to x-plant more than once but when they were about a foot tall I put the whole buckets worth into the ground in my vegetable garden surrounded my morning glorys. It's a heavily composted garden, supposedly at least 3 ft deep in compost material according to a previous owner. Put it this way, our tomatoes, cukes, zukes, etc grow great there w/no ferts.

It's been interesting. One plant was way ahead of the others. Then shortly after putting it in the ground it stopped growing up but got real thick and bushy at the top. One of the others zoomed past it by a foot or more in a few weeks. I think the first gal just stopped veg and started flowering weeks before the other two. Right now it's really flowering it up, some of the pistils have darkened but they are still 90+% white. The other two are just starting to pistil it up pretty good.

Questions:
    Is it too late for me to start hi-P flowering nutes? I saw some stuff yesterday that was 0-55-0. Is that way too strong to even consider at this point. I'm 39.8 deg N. The other thing. My 3 gals are literally only inches apart. I assume there is nothing I can do about that now. It would not be a good idea to pull one would it? I would think that it would not benefit the other one or two that much.
    TIA

2. Yeah Spanish is the man. Add nutes if necessary till about a week before they are ready then just use plenty of water to flush the soil till you harvest. Since the plants are in the ground and flowering you don't want to move them. The one plant that slowed in growth was probably shocked when you transplanted. Good luck & Godspeed!

3. At all stages in a plant´s life it needs all 3 major elements, N, P and K - it is just the proportion that varies.

For flowering I like to use a fert that has P and K BOTH in greater quantities than N. But all 3 present. K is just as vital to flowering as P.

4. I gonna try and attach a pic. Hope it works!

Attached Files:

5. very interresting leaves...

6. does anyone know how much bigger will the buds will get my plants are all over 7 feet tall but the bud looks exactly like that one in the picture. i know it is realy premature but ABOUT how much bigger will it get. haha i know its a dumb question

7. Do you mean the fact that some are serated and some are not? I had not noticed that myself. Interesting indeed.

Perhaps someone can clarify. Trichomes are those little clear nubs that appear on and around the leaves correct? Those are the things you are supposed to examine with the 30-60X microscope for clear/cloudy/amber appearance? And pistils are the white hairs that grow in bunches and also go the clear/cloudy/amber route?

TIA,
    AC