Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Colorado and Washington

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MRKUSH1986, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Now that it's passed , do u have to be a resident to purchase it or can u be from out of state

2. If it's fully legal and anybody 21+ is allowed to purchase and consume it, I assume it'll be like alcohol where they just ID you for age. So long as you're in a legal state I don't see why you purchasing and consuming it would be illegal, hell, underage kids can drink if they go to the USVI, owned by the US but 18 drinking age.

3. BEST ROADTRIP EVER :hello::smoking::bongin::bongin:

4. yea i would also like some further information on this matter....also its still against federal law....this is a big mess but it is good nonetheless! Also i believe they will most likely have a limit on how much you can carry on you witch will probably be about 3-5grams. Also Drinking in public is illegal in the states so will smoking weed in public be illegal too??>???>>

5. [quote name='"MRKUSH1986"']

BEST ROADTRIP EVER :hello::smoking::bongin::bongin:[/quote]

hell yeah

6. Yeah it is a big mess. I'm glad that Washington passed too tho, I thought it'd be only CO. I'm hoping the feds don't raid us now that there's two of us. But yeah technically the DEA can arrest you for possession, and thats what I'm worried about happening if Colorado goes crazy today/the near future because of this amendment. The limit is an oz per person over 21, and one can buy and ounce a day from an approved retailer :) yeah no smoking in public:/ but doesn't really matter ha just be happy its legal!
    peace

7. #8 MacgyverDude, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    i just found the exact law from the amendment for personal use
    (a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
    (b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
    (c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
    (d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
    (e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.

^^^ ALL THOSE ARE ALLOWED^^^^^^

8. Its not fully legal but its still progress

9. so does that mean no smoking in public?

10. read the post three above yours

11. (c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.

hmm....

without remuneration means without payment

12. yeah no smoking in public even though plenty of people already do and will continue. im happy people are opening their eyes but its still not 100% legal in colorado untill the day comes I can walk down the street with 10 pounds of chronic and not get in trouble or a ticket its not legal

13. Thanks for all the replies guys... At least this is a huge step for the movement

14. you can sure buy an oz a day, but unless you smoke the entire oz, you will end up possessing over an oz, which is illegal still

15. Well you have to meet the naysayers in the middle. People just dont want it around their kids. Besides who needs to travel with pounds of the stuff for personal use anyway. Keep what you arnt going to use at home.

16. Thats my point if it was legal why would they care if im selling it im not trying to discourage or burst your guys bubbles its still awesome

17. if you wanted to sell it, legally, you need to pay taxes on it and have a license

you do know legal businesses across the country dont just set up shop and sell shit without regulation of some form, and tax, and licenses... and im not talking about weed, im talking about, essentially, every business out there

if you want weed to be legal, it has to be treated like EVERY other business there is... which involves more than just going and buying some merchandise and selling it to the public lol

Liquor is legal, you cant just go make some and sell it now can you? In fact, if you did, you would end up in prison much faster than you would for cannabis lol in colorado atleast... producing and selling spirits is VERY illegal without a license

18. Well the whole campaign was to also regulate it and it's not regulated if you can just use it all you want. They made it legal but they also regulated it.

19. [quote name='"needmoreweed420"']

Thats my point if it was legal why would they care if im selling it im not trying to discourage or burst your guys bubbles its still awesome[/quote]

Because they don't want guys like you creeping on all the high school kids trying to push your product.