Makeup

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by nanners, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Usually I do without but sometimes I wear mascara and a tiny bit of cover up to hide the bags under my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I hardly ever wear makeup. If I'm doing something special, I'll put some on, and I love smoky eyes, so I'll put a lot of makeup on.. But normally I don't wear anything :3

3. i wash my face, and use a moisturizer but thats about it. i have a thing of mascara but i do not use it often at all. i did have an issue using heat on my hair tho, wouldnt stop straightening it because i thought it looked better that way but damn i fuuucked up my doo, my curls are fried man. threw away my flat iron just recently, it was for the better. took me yeeeeaaaarrrss to want rock the curls again, i miss muh mane :(

4. I like to wear make up to work... just because when I don't, people are always asking me, "Are you sick?" Plus you never know, I could meet the man of my dreams today....
    :laughing:
    Otherwise, I don't put make up on to leave the house...usually only if I've got something going on.
    I don't look that different, from what I hear, and all my past boyfriends have preferred me without it.

I live for mascara though.

5. #105 Royksopp, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    I love makeup a lot. I'm not one of those girls who can rock the natural look, unfortunately. Foundation, powder, some blush, eyeliner on my water line and mascara. If I'm going out somewhere I wear winged eyeliner and some eyeshadow, but I don't know how to do fancy eyeshadow.

*edit* lipstick as well, but only when I'm going out. I don't really like lipgloss anymore, too sticky. I prefer lightly tinted lip balms.

Did you try the tapetrick for sexy eyeliner?

Nope the only "trick" I did was practicing it over and over again until I got it right. 

This was after being out all day so it was a lil run down but you get the point. Practice!

[​IMG]

ooh, that looks nice.. I must have misread what you said, cause I thought you said you couldn't do the eyeliner. Looks like you can :p I have droopy eyes, eyeliner always gets broken :(

Oh I meant I can't do fancy eyeshadow. Like you know how girls blend 3 different shades for a smoky eye look? Idk how to do any of that :laughing:

How does it get broken? Like the pencil breaks or it isn't applied evenly? I use the Kat von D liquid eyeliner, but I don't suggest using that. Start with the liquid pencil, it makes it a lot easier for someone who is a noobie when it comes to top eyeliner. 

I use either the cream one from mac, or the manga one from max factor. The line gets broken cause my eyes are like.. Idk how to explain it. I love the catliner though, so I try to do it. It always goes away quickly D:

Do you have a blending brush? It makes doing eyeshadow soo much easier.. (If it's a good blendingbrush that is haha)

Oh. Do you use primer on your eyelids? I hear mac has a good one. Urban Decay primer potion is good too. I used the "too faced" candlelight one cuz I got a sample tube of it a while back and since I use a tiny speck on each eye I still have a lot of it left. I know it's for eyeshadow but I also use it for when I put on eyeliner and it makes it last all day. 

I do have a blending brush from Sephora hahaha all my eyeshadow brushes are from sephora cuz I got them for cheap on black friday  2 years ago. I just gotta practice. My eyes are small though, so it's a lil hard.

I feel your pain, girl. My eyes are small too. I have a primer, I never thought about using it for eyeliner though.. 
    I really wanted to get a settingspray, because I heard that it makes the makeup just stay in place all day, I just never found one that I wanted, or found one at all haha.

Do you have a lot of eyeshadows? Mac eyeshadows are really good, especially when you prime first.. The colors are so nice :3

13. I wear makeup everyday. I wear it if I'm not leaving the house, I wear it if I'm just working in the yard. I always wear it. Somedays I wear less than others but I always do. My mom was a cosmetologist and she always told me that the best applied makeup looks like it's just natural and not makeup, so other than my eyes (mascara eyeliner)I pretty much look natural. I just honestly hate looking in the mirror if I don't have any on. I get peels from my dermatologist every few months, too. it helps heaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #114 Royksopp, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

Haha they have primers specifically for eyes so buy one of those I recommended. They are good and you need a tiny amount so it does last a long time. Don't use face primer on your eyes lol it might burn or something.  :unsure: 

and I've never used a setting spray, do they actually work? I've seen them on the Sephora website but never thought about getting one. I have a Makeup Forever "fix and mist" spray that's for "freshening up" your makeup throughout the day but I only use it if I've been sweating. Idk if it actually works, it just feels like a cool mist on my face and I like that lol. I tend to use long lasting foundations and eyeliners during summer because of the sweat and humidity...so I don't really need to touch up, except for using pressed powder when my face starts to get shiny. 

Nope I don't have that many cuz again I don't use em that much. I have no mac makeup cuz it's too expensive lol Sephora brand makeup is actually the same price as drugstore makeup so when it comes to eyeshadow I have some sephora palettes.

15. #115 Greenunit, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    I dislike makeup, and have never regularly worn it. I probably will when I'm older and lose my 'youthful glow', but until then, au naturel is good for me!

I did wear makeup at prom and grade 8 grad, although it was pretty minimal.

EDIT: Oh and stage makeup, but I had no choice in that.

16. I love the au naturel look. Hahaha stage make can get gross. I feel like a clown when i wear makeup though. 

17. Stage makeup is nasty... Gotta pancake that shit on ick!

18. I like to have a make up...Look maybe here you can also find some inspirations with cosmetics? You know that brands?

19. PMU artist need many assories thats a fact..
    A good PMU shop can help a lot to order everything from one place.
    As a profession it is very rresponsible and artistic.

20. To be honest i don't really understand the whole point of make up