Rock music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DarkSideofHerb, Nov 5, 2012.

1. So I have been listening to the rock station in my area and I have a question. What happened? When did they all turn into a bunch of pussies? There legitimate rock song on the radio it's all this half dub step half emo. Like I don't get it. Did muse really make that big of an impact and inspire bands to make shitty music?

Sorry if this offends anyone.

2. muse inspired emo? what?

3. [quote name='"DarkSideofHerb"']So I have been listening to the rock station in my area and I have a question. What happened? When did they all turn into a bunch of pussies? There legitimate rock song on the radio it's all this half dub step half emo. Like I don't get it. Did muse really make that big of an impact and inspire bands to make shitty music?

Sorry if this offends anyone.[/quote]

Wtf are you talking about? Muse is actually really good and progressive. Bands like the Jonas brothers and One Direction are what's ruining music.

4. Agreed. Took a road trip recently and was amazed at the electronic influences I was hearing on the "new rock" stations.

Two examples come to mind.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjLbMZFmo]Alex Clare - Too Close (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAWdljhD5o]SAIL - AWOLNATION - YouTube[/ame]

5. [quote name='"t3hryan"']

Wtf are you talking about? Muse is actually really good and progressive. Bands like the Jonas brothers and One Direction are what's ruining music.[/quote]

I understand my rant may have come off as a little harsh. I am just saying I haven't heard any real ROCK music. It's all this half computer synth shit. Red hot chili peppers is the only band that has put a song out that resembles rock music. This monsters of men and that dub step with lyrics ISN'T ROCK. Idk when I grew up listening to rock it was just way different. The station that claims to be built by Metallica gets pumped off Coldplay... I'm just saying its not rock don't call it rock. Say this is new shitty mainstream 104.1 not get this is new rock 104.1 here is some music made by a dude without any instruments other then his Mac.
    /rant

I don't think it's the stations fault I just hate the way mainstream way is going. With everything. We have so much more technology and know how yet shit is way worse. Movies music tv. The introduction of reality tv had a big part in this. Sorry I'm high and out of it.

6. [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']Agreed. Took a road trip recently and was amazed at the electronic influences I was hearing on the "new rock" stations.

Two examples come to mind.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjLbMZFmo

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAWdljhD5o[/quote]

Exactly what I'm talking about. Put it on a different station not the rock station. If you were listening to the rap station or whatever and Carrie underwood came on you'd be like uhh the fuck is going on here.

7. So DarkSide, we've pointed out the culprits of the the switch.

What do you think about it, though? Take a step back and don't try to put it in a category.

I feel like it's not that bad. Not really my type of music, but I can appreciate it nonetheless.

8. lol who still listens to the radio anyways?

9. #11 DarkSideofHerb, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']So DarkSide, we've pointed out the culprits of the the switch.

What do you think about it, though? Take a step back and don't try to put it in a category.

I feel like it's not that bad. Not really my type of music, but I can appreciate it nonetheless.[/quote]

I can appreciate most music but something about that just drives me insane. That bubblegum pop type shit is terrible IMO. Most rock music that I really enjoy was made years before I was born. And I guess I just hate seeing artist say yeah growing up I worshipped zeppelin and Floyd, but crank out buttrock and call it "progressive".

10. Op listen to Ty Segall

It will change your perspective on music of today
    Its raw so if you like Coldplay then ignore my recommendation.

11. [quote name='"Speak Easy"']Op listen to Ty Segall

It will change your perspective on music of today
    Its raw so if you like Coldplay then ignore my recommendation.[/quote]

Lol you should see that Coldplay is partly the target of this thread. Along with muse and other buttrock like green day.

12. I really have no idea what happened. I can't even listen to the BLAZE!!!!! which is the new rock mainstreamy station in my area. Occasionally they have one song I can tolerate but usually its shit. there are two other stations rock oriented which are ok, but barely. I love most rock from the 60s til the mid 90s and some current metal but no one can handle new metal apparently. they decide to put more and more electronic influence. the BLAZE went from Slipknot and Lamb of God with some occasional trash to pure shit recently. Its sad in this man's opinion.

13. If I heard this on a modern rock station I would shit my pants
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4G0SIXxx2U]Animals As Leaders - On Impulse - YouTube[/ame]

14. How sad is it that NYC doesn't even have a Rock station anymore? The latest one switched over to sports talk this month. Regular radio blows anyway - glad I have XM.