Pipe Terminology

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Sweendog, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Great write up.
    Nail- ~NOT A HARDWARE NAIL~ Comes in different mm sizes to fit your water pipe joint. Heated up and used to vaporize extracts. Come in glass, quartz, and titanium. Glass=Not great heat retention, breaks easy/Quartz=*I've heard good flavor* stronger than glass, possible worst heat retention of the 3./Titanium=Longest heat retention by far, strongest of the 3. Nicer ones are adjustable to several pieces where as glass and quartz dimensions can't be altered. ~Some nails need to be seasoned~

This made me laugh my ass off

2. Any last terms before I get locked out of the first post?

3. #23 G13adsAMY, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    Damn Sweeney that's a lot to read. This should be a sticky. Did you mention a recycler?
    Edit.
    A recycler let's water flow down to the first perk so it works properly.
    Pillar - brings the bubbles closer up to your mouth, when the bubbles poo that close the flavor is kept better.

4. Agreed, any ideas?

Thanks again. I'd like to get it stickyed but it's not yet so we'll see.

5. #25 Curious Toker, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    Pipe Terminology?

also for defintions:
    [​IMG]
    (this image can be used for both defintions)
    push bowl bubbler/ carb bubbler- bubbler with the bowl pushed into it, has an attached downstem to the bowl and a carb or shotgun on the side to clear it. the advantage is that it is one piece, the disadvantage is that it is one piece. that is to say, it makes hard to clean.

snorkel carb- a type of carb or shotgun that connects to the middle section of the chamber of the bubbler and extends outwards, then upwards towards the bowl of the bubbler. this "L" shaped extension helps the bubbler chamber to clear better and makes it more comfortable to use. it tends to be on heady push-style bubblers.

6. I definitely agree that this is sticky worthy. Perhaps a more flashy thread title so that people are more inclined to click on it. :p

7. Anyone have any other suggestions? I like pipe terminology

8. Dichro? Wig wag? Implosion? Millie? Reti? I think it also might be worth mentioning that an inverted showerhead is sometimes referred to as a showercap.

9. Ti skillet and vapor curves

10. pics would definitely help it's chances of a sticky.. and alphabetical order too.

11. Thank you VERY much. It is much appreciated. I will get on fixing everything up tonight.

Wow and thank you Lizard for making the other post!!

12. Of corse man congrats on the sticky

13. Okay so I re arranged everything but I am now locked out. If any mod could please just copy and paste the updated version in place of the original terms it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

14. I think a glossary of different worked terms would be cool. I see them thrown around a lot, wigwag, reversal, filacello, etc but I have no idea what most of them mean.

15. I can't tell you how they're made and I'm pretty bad at describing how things look, but heres pictures to help you differentiate them.

Reversal/wigwag: Terms are generally used interchangeably but from what I understand this is a wigwag and this is a reversal:

wigwag:[​IMG]
    reversal: [​IMG]

Retticello: overlapping lines that go in different directions
    [​IMG]

Fillacello: Same things as a retti just with the clear spaces filled in with color[​IMG]

Basketweave: Sections of flat cane cut off and the npieced back together to make it look as though it were weaved together

[​IMG]

Disc flip: when you draw an image onto a bubble backwards then flip it around to reveal the picture

[​IMG]

I'm happy to add more if you need any

16. That was perfect, thanks. Heady examples too :smoke:

17. Yeah that was boss! haha. Would be sick to have those added to the original as well.

18. We need good examples of electro form, moss, dicril(sp?), fuming.. I would help but I'm using a phone AP. Bi-polar coloring. :) I like this thread. If only I had this when I started learning. Good idea OP!