Alabama up next for legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by OUCH OUCH OUCH, Oct 30, 2012.

1. it kinda is...

2. thoes people are so stupid

3. the sooner legalization spreads in the US, the sooner it will spread around the world

hurry yo asses up :smoke:

4. Some christians pick and choose which verses in the bible to follow. Jesus turned water into wine as well but that doesn't stop them from fighting the evils of liquor.

5. Going hard I have family from Alabama . . .

6. #47 Doc-J, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Having lived in Alabama 25 years, and now Tennessee, I honestly think the two will be fighting for last when it comes to medical or legalization. There are just too many people here that want to legislate morality. It really is ironic that the southerners, who historically disdain federal government are so in support of them running our lives. They scream and shout about taxes, wanting the government to stay out of gun control, and about personal freedom. Until it comes down to gay marriage, immigration, or god forbid someone wanting to smoke a joint. Then by god, we need the fed to protect us from all the evil.

As a Southerner born and raised, I really cant stand all the ignorant fucking hillbillies. The south will be the last to do anything.

7. Would be awesome. I feel like it'll be one of the last since it's a "bible belt" state.

8. Fixed that for ya.

9. Where do I sign? :D

10. Any AMMJC members/supporters here? If you live in the state of alabama, and you want medical marijuana reform, you should join in.

http://www.ammjc.org/

You can also like em on Facebook.

Anywho, Alabama's house bill 2 is do'in pretty well. It could be shot down but were hoping it keeps on keeping on. I believe on Wednesday there will be a gathering in montgomery to show support for the bill.

11. I'm a Southerner as well (Born American...Southern by the Grace of God). I totally agree that we'll be the last region in the country to legalize. I suspect that it will be the actions of the Feds that will get MJ legal in this area. The Feds will have to publically announce that the war on MJ is over before the southern region of this nation will even discuss this issue.

12. You better stop fking lying to me or ill have to move back to bama!

13. From what i learned at the last AMMJC meeting, alabama does not have a way to gather a bunch of signatures, and then put an initiative on the ballad. :( but AMMJC is definitely making some progress on our politicians with ad's and public support by putting pressure on them, they're getting pretty aggravated by the large amount of phone calls and letters. so its pass our bill on in, or we keep putting pressure on the politicians who don't understand that alabama wants/needs this. I mean AMMJC has only been around for maybe 2 years, but they're doing a great job. The people running it are very genuine and have worked hard to be where they are now in that short amount of time

I don't see recreational use anytime soon in Alabama :/ But we definitely need medical marijuana for all the people who are of taking prescription pills for chronic pain, and all others who could medically benefit from cannabis.

Even though this is Bama, and it is the bible belt..... I believe its doable, maybe not this year or next year but its gonna happen sooner than later. Lets see how Wednesday goes in montgomery! Rollllllllll tide!

Attached Files:

14. Do it up Alabama will have that horse power! !