What is the best way to get a pound per plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by justatroll69, Oct 27, 2012.

1. It's my first grow and I'm going to plant around 30 seeds.

2. That's extremely hard to do for a new grower. I would have extremely low expectations because chances are you're not going to that much.

That being said, is this indoor or outdoor? You're going to need some extreme lighting if you want to get that indoors, like 15,000 Watts+ hps I'd think. If its outdoor just make sure you have plenty of room for each plant, probably 3'x3' each, and plenty of sunshine. This clearly isn't a detailed guide but I didn't want to just say "not possible" and ignore your question.

3. I'm not sure if he's serious or not, as his name is justatroll69, but haha well I wish you luck. A lb per plant and 30 plants, you'll have hella ganja.

4. I'm growing outdoors and the area I'm thinking of has lots of space. And about 15 of the seeds will be White Russian(not sure about the others yet) and I'm not trolling lol

5. Well first of all I hope you're in the southern hemisphere or waiting until next year considering the northern hemisphere season is over. But like I said, prepare huge holes and ideally in a spot that has direct sunlight for like 16 hours. Pair that with good genetics and good nutrients and hope for the best. Read a bunch of outdoor grow guides and look at grow journals for the strains that you will be using to get some good tips.

6. I live in Michigan :mad: and I'll be planting in may and ill be doing research all winter long. Most of the questions about growing pounds was mostly indoor and thanks!

7. I pulled over a pound per plant easily in my twenty and twenty five gallon smart pots this year. Right genetics and weather and its pretty easy. Indoors pulling a pound per plant is pretty much godlike and your talking long veg times and lots of light. A better goal for indoor is to be pulling quarter pounds per plant in five gallons or two pounds per 1000 watts of light.

8. Not a problem. I would suggest going organic just because I don't like the idea of using chemicals. If you choose to, I'd look at this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=1116550. If you do this in the next couple of months you will have an awesome soil mix so you wont have to worry too much about feeding them except the occasional compost tea if you'd like. Chemicals might get you bigger plants though so its your call.

9. If you can start the plants inside earlier then you'll have a much better chance. The sooner you start them the bigger they'll get.

I start my seeds in march and take some clones, when I transplant outside the mother plants get huge since they are many branched from all the trimming to take clones.

10. Are you guys talking a pound per plant DRIED?
    Because if it's not dried, you can easily get 2 pounds outside with good conditions.

11. [quote name='"RichardDean"']I pulled over a pound per plant easily in my twenty and twenty five gallon smart pots this year. Right genetics and weather and its pretty easy. Indoors pulling a pound per plant is pretty much godlike and your talking long veg times and lots of light. A better goal for indoor is to be pulling quarter pounds per plant in five gallons or two pounds per 1000 watts of light.[/quote]

What would be the best smart pot size for an autoflower to grow in outdoors to yield a pound ?

12. [quote name='"HSO Bandages"']

What would be the best smart pot size for an autoflower to grow in outdoors to yield a pound ?[/quote]

You aren't going to get a pound off an auto in any size pot. Autos do great in 10 gallons outdoors but don't expect more than a couple zips per plant at the most. If you plan to plant about 20 fem autos, you would probably get a pound between all of them.

13. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

You aren't going to get a pound off an auto in any size pot. Autos do great in 10 gallons outdoors but don't expect more than a couple zips per plant at the most. If you plan to plant about 20 fem autos, you would probably get a pound between all of them.[/quote]

Alright thanks for the input . I'd be content with a couple ounces

14. I did close to 7 pounds off my blackberry in a 200 gallon I was just telling him what he needs to get a pound per plant you can obviously do more with larger pot sizes :) Yes that's dried weight.

15. I got a few 3-4 lb plants in 65 gal smart pot.

16. You could grow pumpkins.

17. My growing is focused completely on harvesting a lb per plant or more. I only grow 16 plants and in a good year, i can harvest 25lbs of smoke. Bad year? drought can reduce that to 6lbs.

I live under extemer air surviellance living less than 5 miles from the end of the runway of an eradication unit. They flyover me every time they come and go. Because of this, i can only grow 1 plant per site and at the most 2. Ispecialize in grow big plants.

The recipie for a legal grow is much differnt than for a guerilla grow. A p lant that can be tended daily and that has every need maticulously met and bugs handpicked from the plant is in a different unvivers with the guerilla plant hiding in the bush thats tended once a week at best.

The recipie for guerilla pounds is easy.
    1. Big hole. 30"X30" by 12" deep and fill it with good soil. Unless you restrict latteral growth, a cannabis plant, like every other warm season annual on the planet,will never sends roots deeper than 12". Big plants have big root systems, but not deep.

2. Buy an outdoor strain that grows big and is vigourous. "Spontanica by Kc brains is a good example. Its bug proof, disease proof and storm resistant.Spontanica from KC Brains Holland at Hemp Depot

3. Normal food and water X 3. Big plant need lots of nutes and water.

During preflower growth, i use 2x the recommended dosage 2x as often as recomended. 2tbs weekly. Burn dont much happen on an 8'plant. Pour it on, and then pour some more on.

Drink, drink, drink, drink the plants need 1" of rainfall per week for optimum growth. If it doesnt rain 1" per week, supplements to bring the level up are recommendded. Usually, 5 gallons per plant per week will balance the deficiency.

4. Full sun from 9 -5.

Good luck!

18. Yup my Humboldt purples were both in 65 gallon and did 8 pounds combined.

19. I grew a runt in a 5 gallon bucket this year put off 7 ozs cured.. crappy used soil from the year before, hose water.. shit turned out bomb..

20. Woah thanks for all the tips!