How many plants? 4*2*5,600W HPS,450CFM

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by elbowslanger, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Hi Gentleman/Ladies,

I have a Virtual Sun tent that has specs of 4*2*5. Inside I have an 18 in Phresh filter and a 600W HPS. For ventilation I have 6in Active Air Inline fan rated at 450 CFM and an Active Air speed controler. For soil I have Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Light Warrior. I'm geared up and ready to grow. :) I have some great OG #18 beans and a couple of friebies. Only question is how many plants should I run? Space will be tight. I was thinking of maybe slamming 8 ladies up in there and doing some LST. Think I could tie them down to the pots and conserve a lof of space. I'm useing 3g Smart Pots. What's the verdict here?Should I run 6 or maximize the space and run 8 with say a 1 month veg with a strict training schedule before flippong the ladies to 12/12. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. That looks like an awesome set up. Did you order it as a kit or did you order everything separate? Can I ask how much you paid for it?

3. I would go with the 8 by the way.

4. Bought it all seperate. Paid 99 US dollars for the tent and 88 for the fan online.

5. What's up GC? 172 posts withv no replies?

6. I got the same size tent, 400W HPS with 240CFM and I'm gonna do 4 at a time using 3gal containers. The way I look at it is that you really can't fit more than 4 - 3gal containers in there.

7. I'm doing 6 in the same tent. This is my first try... It's here if you want to check it out. I started with 10" clones, straight to 12/12.

I thought about doing more/less plants, but ultimately it came down to pot size. I DO wonder if doing less plants, maybe 4, would have been easier... So far so good!

8. Unfortunately it seems like your light is overkill for your space. Hopefully you have a dimmable ballast they are absolutely amazing for multiple growth stages. I would personally only do two plants. Its basically a fact that less bigger plants yield more than more smaller plants.. However popular culture seems to suggest otherwise. Humans as a group prefer to do things incorrectly.

9. ...dig off into grow journals to get some ideas.

10. Think I'm going to do 7 and LST my butt off. 4 would be a waste. I'm not trying to VEG for 8 weeks. ;-)

11. 2 plants in a scrog would do nicely. Otherwise, if you are looking for variety, you might want to lst a bunch of different strains.... if it's yield you are after, i'd go with a scrog.

12. 4 foot x 2 foot and you have 6 plants?!

honestly 1 or 2 will easily fill this area, and with a 600W you'll probably get the bigger yield with 2 or less plants...

IMO I would have at least 1.5sq ft per plant for good size and potential (But every grow is different)

the 4x2 with 2 plants in a SCROG would yield VERY well rather than 6 plants in this much space.

600W is not overkill either, it'll produce some GOOD dense buds, just leave the light at 15" or more with sufficient airflow.