Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does I-502 in Washington Ban dispensaries and collective gardens?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by doubts, Oct 24, 2012.

1. And your not a troll in this thread because why again?

2. PAINE wrote that, not me! LOL

3. Paine was who was being quoted and who the comment was directed to. Paine is the one trying to bully any one who disagrees with him on the subject. Don't know how the quote got broken but I apologize to you if you thought the comment was directed at you.

;)

4. When someone asks whether I-502 bans colletive gardens and dispensaries(which it doesn't), and people come on here saying "well... we don't know" or "maybe", I must admit to getting... annoyed. I'm aware that Highlander 420 has other reasons for opposing 502, but no one on either side should encourage people to believe false things to win votes. For example, I've had people say to me "Oh! I should vote for 502 so that businesses will no longer be able to drug test!"... I could say nothing and let them think that, but I ALWAYS correct them.

Your approach asthmatic, to giving them the links to read is probably best. No one should trust anyone to make up their mind for them. Listen to both sides, read it for yourself, think about who makes more sense, and make the best decision you can. Hopefully, we can all agree on that.

5. Well thanks for the great discussion guys, I have learned a lot. Unfortunately there is no way for me to not stress out about this until we know for sure. Anyone know how soon after Nov. 6 will we know the for-sure affects of the bill if it passes?

6. 30 days after it passes, possession of the specified amounts becomes legal. There is a year-long rulemaking process with hearings, requests for advice from experts, and input from the public for the state regulated stores. If all goes as planned, those stores will come online in 2013 but we'll have to see what the feds do.

7. #47 doubts, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    But how soon after it passes will we know how it truly is going to affect collectives?

Cause that is honestly all a care about, still being able to use to use my medical recommendation to acquire mj at cheap prices.

There are reasons for both sides of whether collectives will or will not close so there isn't really anyway to know till it passes.

But the more I think about it, would they really purposefully screw over all the people using mj for actual medical needs? But then again they are the government, wouldn't be the first time.

I am only 18 and i honestly couldn't care less about the overpriced low-quality weed that the government is sure to produce.

8. #48 Asthmatic, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    It is set up so that any one who pays for the license and passes the background check can grow. If the best thing happens and the Fed. does allow the state to proceed then conceptually you could end up with every thing from a micro grow hand crafted and organic to 80 acres out in wheat country, and every thing in between. Just because I don't want to see an arbitrary blood content limit which is irrelevant as a measurement of intoxication and don't think the Fed will let you do it doesn't mean I think it is a bad idea.

There are other potential benefits to consider if this law does go forward. "Pot Doc's" will have to learn a little more about how the patient needs to use their medicine, and teach them how to use it to achieve maximum health benefit. It is not always as easy as firing up a J. They also need to do some regular follow up to insure that the expected health progress is in fact being achieved. Really a good Pot Doc should be an endocrinologist and a neurologist at the same time or the two of them should be working together and not just a paper pusher like the majority seem to be today. The up side of legalization could be incredible. Better prices for patients and recreational users alike. It is just that Washington could do so much better than this law. There needs to be a provision for home brew (personal use) just like making Beer or Wine at home that is affordable for someone who just wants to produce a little of their own and not buy from any one.

I'm guessing that our friend Paine is likely plotting out his revenue stream if it passes just like the Pot Doc is worried about his revenue stream otherwise he would not be so emotionally invested in whether this passes or not. I was pushing you to read the law and make up your own mind because you're about the same age as my grandson and he is from Wa. For all I know you could be him so I'm trying to offer you the same advice I would offer him. I want you to think for your self and not blindly follow what the Pot Doc said or what Paine said without telling you how to vote. As long as someone is sick there will be a Doc and with what I know about the endocannabinoid system so far Cannabinoids will need to be used from what ever source is right for the job so don't sweat about that part of the medical issue and taylor the best recreational law you can. It will help the people at the dispensaries too.

9. Paine, you are annoyed because I stated the truth, "we don't know". It won't change RCW 69.51a, but it may end up effecting how collectives are run currently. We don't have all the rules and regulations yet and won't until at least the end of 2013, and that date is not guaranteed. Please explain how this is wrong.

10. #50 Highlander 420, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    "But how soon after it passes will we know how it truly is going to affect collectives?"

Maybe the day it goes into effect if a prosecutor wants to use it against a collective. Maybe not until the rules are implemented. Maybe never. And despite what Paine told you, there is no implementation date for the rules or the stores. That was made clear in the OFM report under "General Assumptions" (included in the "Washington State Voter's Pamphlet")...

"Portions of the initiative pertaining to driving under the influence of marijuana and the decriminalization of marijuana possession take effect Dec. 6, 2012. There is no date certain for implementation of the licensing and taxation portions of the initiative. Therefore, an implementation date of Dec. 1, 2013, is assumed for the purpose of developing estimates only."

http://www.ofm.wa.gov/initiatives/2012/502_fiscal_impact.pdf

11. 2 days everybody! what do you thinks gonna happen? Pass or fail?

12. It's 5:00 am voting day to legalize Cannabis in Washington state and it looks like we're winning ... kind of.

If you watched the Cannabis cup debate on Youtube, you saw me voice my opinion during the speech and get a little reprimand. lol The bill is not ready.

It does give police the right to take your blood on the side of the road. It's already something they are being trained for, they just don't have it in law yet ... this is how they pass through little laws we normally don't like.

The jargon is so unclear as to leave it completely open to be rewritten by our own judicial system and used as a tool to destroy our current medical system. It does not mention the medical field because they want to test the waters before they phase them out.

But collectives WILL be old news.

Kids will get DUI's just for Marijuana. A DUI! That's serious.

I will get a DUI if I eat a little medicine in my bacon on the morning before taking off to work. But it's ok to eat 4 oxycontin and drive all over the place? My one point here is that people build up tolerances and you can't judge one persons level by another persons with different life factors. There are many factors such as weight that change how the testing results come out. We need more info.

I don't want a DUI because my allergies are going crazy and they decide to give me a blood test without my permission.

That's a violation of my body and I compare it to being raped.

If a cop infects me with something foreign ... that might just ... be in the air when he pokes me ... since the environment is not stable on the side of the road. Or accidentally pokes himself and then me and passes a disease to me. It's too much power in the hands of police.

They are using this law to pass laws that can be used to steal more of our freedoms.

Mr Diamond
    I love seeds.

13. Is it really going to be a win for patients? I think we will eventually lose our rights and it will be treated just like alcohol. And will be taxed to the extreme.

Until the day they change the class schedule to a medical drug and doctors can prescribe it. Which is coming soon with hundreds of new drugs being developed right now in labs everywhere ... just waiting to put it on the market.

Mr. Diamond
    I love seeds.

14. More pills ... yeah. Blueberry Chronic in pill format ... hmmm

I need investors. lol

Mr. Diamond
    I love seeds.

15. F&*#! Pills!

Mr Diamond
    I love seeds.

16. what a crock of shit, nothing but hyperbole anti-502 rhetoric....*click* ignored.

Have fun spreading lies there skippy...:wave:

17. This person reminds me of that rapist who recently said all women that get raped have a built in body system that prevents them from getting pregnant o0 LOL

18. Very civil answers. Thanks for the input.

Yes, I'm anti 502 because I don't want my teenager ... who we all know has a high chance of trying pot ... get a DUI from it.

I grew up on Bainbridge Island where the ratio of cops to kids was excessive. They abused their rights and WILL DEFINITELY give children DUI's. For smoking pot at a party last week. I don't support teen drug use ... but I did it. And I know many of your kids did also ... or maybe you're one of those kids that will get a DUI. Giving cops more power is against my beliefs, no matter the trade off.

A DUI for weed?

That's my reason for not liking it. The bill to privatize liquor in Washington had to be rewritten a few times before people were happy with it. This one could use a few changes I believe, before it should pass.

Mr. Diamond
    I love seeds.