Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does I-502 in Washington Ban dispensaries and collective gardens?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by doubts, Oct 24, 2012.

1. You're accusing me of lying and "fear-mongering". Here's your chance.....please list all of these "lies" and I'll be happy to respond to them. I can assure you that I'm not lying about anything and I'm willing prove that. Here's your chance to prove you're right! I'd just like your assurances that you'll quit this name calling if I can answer all of your questions. The attacks don't provide the answers that people are obviously looking for.

Steve Sarich
    Manager & Spokesman
    NO ON I-502 Committee

2. profiteering trolls with straw arguments...meh...

3. you missed a little thing is all...all the;
    profiteering...profits...greed...:(

4. #24 Highlander 420, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012

Your logic goes out the window when you consider they ARE cracking down on the dispensaries and collectives.

They don't have to PRE-EMPT. They can just bust the growers / processors / retailers like they do with MMJ collectives and dispensaries now.

You can pretend that the feds don't see a difference between medical and recreational, but that is just not the case in practice. They have their own MMJ program, including the laws that were voted in by congress for D.C.'s MMJ program.

We don't have "ideal" protections, but we have a hell of a lot better chance in court than someone who is openly and on the record growing for "recreational" purposes. Go over their limits and they will stomp on your recreational and seize your assets. And if you think pot nazi cops are just going to smile and look the other way, dream on!

Multi-jurisdictional cops: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/iad.htm

LEARN ABOUT JURY NULLIFICATION, because we need informed jurors to help end this madness.

You read it here: I-502 is DRUG WAR APPEASMENT, not legalization.

5. So if what you say is true all collect gardens will be forced to shut down when the law is passed?

6. That's why I say we won't know until we know!

For those who say collectives are being greedy...

You obviously don't understand that collectives run properly are not cash cows. The only cash cows that will happen with I-502 is the recreational side...and good luck with that in court.

7. Also does anyone know if a veto is possible with this bill?

If so the Governor might veto it under pressure from the federal government.

8. That isn't really necessary. All they have to do is put off implementing the "rules and regulations" part of the TAX/REGULATE for two years, then they can re-write the entire thing, for better or worse. Nothing is guaranteed except the DUI section.

Even if nothing happens and it goes through as written, you won't be seeing any stores open until at least 2015.

9. If they put off implementing the "rules and regulations" part will collectives still be able to run?

10. We can't get a straight answer on that beyond, "I don't know". That's why this is so frustrating. They give us lawyer answers when we press them on this issue.

11. And you haven't seen or heard about any dispensaries being closed down by them. Good.

Night.

12. If you haven't seen or heard about people being shut down, then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

13. The feds only typically intervene when state law is also being broken. Washington State has an extremely weak medical marijuana law. Dispensaries are technically illegal under current state law. The ones that are currently operating are doing so under the graces of law enforcement. They could be busted by the feds now. They could be busted if I-502 passes, and they could be busted if I-502 fails. But there is nothing in I-502 that legally impacts them in any way.

Interesting that Sarich mentioned Chris Williams in Montana as someone who was unfairly busted. I don't think marijuana should be illegal in any way, but let's not pretend that he was following state law. In Montana a patient is allowed to possess 4 plants. Williams had almost 1000 when he was busted, and 1.6 million dollars.

Sarich's main tactic is to pepper his long screeds with misinformation, distortions, and lies, planting seeds of doubt in people's heads. It's extremely easy to muddy the water by claiming to understand the nitty gritty of a piece of legislation, which most people will never look up. I-502 does say "who can grow" for the state regulated retail stores. It does not say that these are the only people who can grow marijuana. You need to read the definitions sections of both I-502, and the medical marijuana law which is codified in RCW 69.51a. Under RCW 69.51a, "growers" are defined as "qualifying patients", or "designated providers". If I-502 passes, RCW 60.51a remains on the books in its entirety, meaning the affirmative defense for patients and providers to grow is untouched. I-502 regulates "marijuana producers", "marijuana processors", and "marijuana retailers". I-502 does not repeal or change the medical marijuana system in any way, shape, or form.

Other lies of Sarich? Well let's see, he lied a lot in this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/legalization-activism/947039-washington-voters-no-i-502-a-2.html

He's claimed that I-502 allows police to draw blood at the side of the road (wrong). He's bizarrely claimed that Alison Holcomb's husband is being paid by the campaign. He's claimed that I-502 doesn't remove any penalties for marijuana possession (p.26 of the initaitive). He's claimed that I-502 "lowers the felony threshhold" for marijuana possession. He's claimed that I-502 adds "4 new felonies" (it doesn't). He's claimed that I-502 gives police more power to arrest and test you for DUI (it doesn't). He's claimed that you can't distinguish active THC from carboxy THC in a tox report (you can). He's claimed that section 31 of I-502 is new law and allows a police officer's report to be submitted as evidence in trial (This is current law and is unchanged by I-502)... this is just off the top of my head.

Funny that he is upset and being called a name (a liar, which he is)... since he's called me names on multiple occasions, as well as other volunteers and I-502 supporters. He's a mendacious old fraud and he needs to be called out as such. He's worried about competition from state run stores, from recreational users no longer needing to purchase recommendations to get marijuana, and from patients having options.

If anyone wants to know more about Sarich, read the following:
    Toke Stoking - Page 1 - News - Seattle - Seattle Weekly

nwbud.com » Seattle Marijuana Whacko Steve Sarich Sues to Stop I-502

14. [quote name='Paine']The feds only typically intervene when state law is also being broken. Washington State has an extremely weak medical marijuana law. Dispensaries are technically illegal under current state law. The ones that are currently operating are doing so under the graces of law enforcement. They could be busted by the feds now. They could be busted if I-502 passes, and they could be busted if I-502 fails. But there is nothing in I-502 that legally impacts them in any way.

You have failed to prove anything other than that you dislike Sarich.

"REASONABLE GROUNDS" IS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE!

15. The "reasonable grounds" statute, is current law. I-502 doesn't change anything about the public's interactions with the police. An officer ALWAYS needs probable cause to make an arrest. That is a constitutional protection and cannot be taken away by any piece of legislation. "Reasonable grounds" is what an officer needs AFTER arresting you to have your blood tested, and once again, that's current law. He needs "reasomable grounds" to believe that you are impaired by something other than alcohol. Don't tell me that Sarich actually convinced you of this one?

The opposition likes to get bogged down in the legal weeds because it muddies the water for people who don't read bills, or don't have the time to figure it out. Don't be fooled.

16. Show where it says you must be impaired in the law.

It changes from requiring proof of impairment to reasonable grounds to assume someone is UNDER THE INFLUENCE. That is what PER SE laws do.

Stop misleading people. This law WILL change how DUIs are handled and the cops have stated on the record that there will be MORE arrests, MORE prosections and MORE incarcerations. Those are their words, not mine. Not Sarich's.

Read the report for yourselves!
    http://www.ofm.wa.gov/initiatives/2012/502_fiscal_impact.pdf

"However, the initiative’s provisions related to driving under the influence of marijuana, which are not affected by federal criminal law enforcement, are estimated to generate known state fee revenue of $4,295,000 and known state agency costs of $2,754,000 over five fiscal years."

"State and Local Government Law Enforcement Cost Assumptions
    The state, counties and cities are anticipated to experience increased costs from additional driving while under the influence administrative actions, arrests, prosecutions and incarcerations."

17. You clearly do not understand current DUI law, nor how I-502 changes it. In a nutshell, nothing changes about what an officer needs to arrest you in the first place, get you tested, or anything else about a police encounter. What changes is what occurs at trial.

If anyone really wants me to walk through it I will, but I'm (trying to be) finished responding to every single silly objection thrown out by concern trolls.

18. Avoiding direct answers and name calling when you don't have any. Classic. LOL

19. Why is it that Nick Hagen and the rest of the I-502 support kids can't debate without all of the character assasination?

I choose not to take part in this childish behavior. Fortunately, we'll win against I-502 in 11 days and I won't have to deal Nicky, Oliver or Henson...or the NORML crowd anymore. Since NORML doesn't do any actual activism in this state, we won't be running into each other.

20. Oooh... now that would have been impressive if you had guessed right! I know Nick and he has also volunteered with the campaign in the past. He always uses his name in forums unless I'm mistaken. The next time I see him I'll let him know that you think of him often! It will warm his heart I'm sure.

Here's a link to Nick's blog in which he takes Sarich apart: The Black Market Strikes Back « Nick Hagen .org.