The Crying Game

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Plan B, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Well after termites had their way with two of my 6ft girls (That's right TERMITES!) I didn't cry. I thought they ate wood not weed! Those little fukrs chewed through the stalks about a inch below the soil and with no warning I found the girls laying on their sides. I loose sleep worrying about cops or thieves or deer or hurricanes getting my girls. All the while I'm growing termite food! I guess next year I will mix some sevin dust in with the soil, I hope that prevents this problem. If thats not depressing enough, a few days ago I noticed that my tallest female (7ft) started flowering. Thats a good thing you say! Not when the dirty little whore is a hermaphrodite! Thats right while examining this beutiful specimen I find out she's got balls(I feel so dirty). Allright I didn't cry but I wanted to. If I didn't have back-ups I surely would have. My question to all you fellow farmers is if I let him/her pollinate her/him self would all of him/her bastard seeds be freak little herm'ies themselves. I would like seeds for next year. By the way she/he shares a 10 gallon pot with another girl too far along to transplant so she will get pollinated too.

Attached Files:

2. This is how seedbanks produce feminised seeds, which sell at a premium price. It may be a hermie and producing pollen, but she is still genetically female. The seeds from both the hermie and her female friend will therefore be genetically female.

3. I know that seedbanks like to use hermie pollen to pollinate a female plant to get feminized seeds. Wouldn't a hermie pollinating itself produce seeds that are VERY suspectible to being hermies themselves?

4. Not sure about that one. You could take drugs and grow tits but you would still be genetically male. Anyone have a definitive answer??

5. So Spanishfly your telling me that all the seeds from a hermie are female? Are seeds pre-determined to be hermaphrodite or is it just a defense mechanism?

6. i read that a hermi that pollinates itself creates 50% hermi 50% female and if the hermi pollinates another female its the 95% femal or whatever

edit- and i think its both a defence mechanism and genetic. if you get male sacs late in flowering, its defence, if you grow both preflowers and in early flowering its genetic

7. I believe so, there is no such sex as hermaphrodite. A human which has a penis and a vagina will nevertheless be genetically either male or female, there is no inbetween. Females which become hermi are still genetically female. So a hermi which pollinates itself will produce female seeds, same as a hermi that pollinates another female.

BUT I am happy to be guided by anyone who DOES have a definitive answer.

The fact that no such authoritative answer is forthcoming, makes me think we are all a bit unsure of this topic.

8. :rolleyes: but what if they're a gay / lesbian hermaphrodite? :confused:
    I'm fkin really confused now :eek:

9. The same comment applies. Sexual orientation does not alter gender.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for your input Paul van Dick! lol :D

• Like Like x 1