Hi question about mineral water + CO2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by antarchy, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Ok so I read in a book that mineral water is good for plants because it provides co2 straight to the roots anyone tried this? I guess you would want carbonized mineral water hence the C. Anyway I got a hermi I'm wattering with mineral water and a plan to build a bubble bucket for a mineral water hydro grow I will tell you if it fails or blooms.

[​IMG]

2. Now that is some grow.

But I just cannot believes he waters them all with sparkling mineral water - the cost and effort would be astronomical.

3. I was under the impression that the roots like oxygen and leaves like carbon dioxide(co2) Brains is the man though. I think the mineral water would supply trace elements not found in distilled. I use spring water when not fertilizing and they love it. I also foliar spray my clones & pre-veggies with 1 part sodium free seltzer 3 part spring water at sunrise to give them a good boost of co2.

4. You can see the Pollen sacks as well as the flower. Most of the sacks are at the joint of the node and the stem the pollen sack burst open today most of them. I have never seen pollen sack actually open before!

Attached Files:

5. More on the subject I gave it mineral water the other day. yuo can see the drooping in the leaves at the cola but further down the fan leaves are crisp. before I gave it the mineral water all the leaves drooped. Mind you this is just one day and the cause was under watering but it rained for two days straight three days before I used the mineral water. Note this is what happens when you forget about your plants for months on end. I have another one strech I call it I will show you when I take some picks.

Attached Files:

6. i think even if the plant does not take co2 in the roots it is released through the soil and gets to the leaves but it is just a guess

7. it looks like your plants need more light they are very tall with hardly any leaves. how old are they?

8. They are about 3 months along now I neglected them I always do outside plants it's like out of sight out of mind. They sat next to a building getting partial shade most of the day you can see that by how all the leaves are on one side. This is a good example of waht you dont want.

9. what does mineral water have to do with CO2?

not to get on my soapbox again but jeeze, u peeps make me do it.

what people dont understand about plants is that its all about chemistry. if ur soil is hi in minerals, its probably also high in pH. so adding mineral water is just going to increase that problem. so in that case, one should NOT water with mineral water.

but, if one is trying to grow in the pine forest, which has acidy sandy soil, then watering with mineral water can give a boost of the minerals the plant needs, Mg, Ca, K, etc... as well as bringing the pH up.

so to just make a blanket statement like 'plants always love mineral water' is dumb. everyone has their own soil and water and pH chemistry that they have to sort out themselves.

10. Sparkling mineral water is so called because it is full of CO2.

11. Thanks Spanish I thought I was going to have to pull out my periodic table. If you monitor your soils PH you should be fine.

12. enough about mineral water, your growing a hermie, haha. the buds are going to be shitty and very seedy.

if i was you, i'd cut the pollen sacs as they appear to reduce the number of seeds in your bud, and if they

haven't even opened and released pollen yet, your in luck, cut them and prepare for sensimilla. also you

can keep the pollen grains from the hermie, by the look of it, it's 90% female sacs, which means it's genetics

are dominant female, this pollen (freezer stored) can be later used for a controlled pollination on a branch

of a female plant, the result will be 99% FEMALE SEEDS! ask me for more info if u decide to do this, highly

recommended.

13. No they opend it's ok. It's not my only plant and I had the hermi far enough away from the others (I hope) if not the pollenation should be low. (of the females).

14. woah u posted bac within 3 mins, re-read my edit antarchy

lol, it don't matter if u have them 100 yards away, pollen travels by air and wind for miles.

and the pollenation will not produce low seeds if the hermie is still producing/opening it's sacs and releasing

pollen grains. i'll be interested to hear what you have to say during harvest.

15. my hermi had 4 pollen sacs on it in total so it was maybe 2% male sacs. so this means my plant is dominantly male...?

16. duhhh no, re-read my sentences. and move to this.

90% female hermies will contain mostly female flowers and few or 2% male sacs like you say is a dominant female and the sacs can be cut and kept ventillated until the sac opens into a male flower + sheds all the pollen, then freezer store it for a later controlled pollination on a single branch of a female, this will leave the rest of the branches pure sensimilla. research controlled pollination on this site.

17. i can keep readin it till my eyes fall out, but it still doesnt make sense. make up your mind

edit- ill just asume you forgot the fe and meant to say its 90% female sacs.

18. sorry i was baked when i wrote that, ur right.

19. Here are some seeds forming on the hermi.

Attached Files:

20. Here is strech a plant that was starved for light. It's now over the top of that fence.

Attached Files: