Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much Weed do joints waste compared to bowls?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lilish4, Oct 15, 2012.

1. My favorite is definitely a blunt, and I prefer Aqua Teen Hunger Force when I'm baked. Or That 70's Show. We smoke when they smoke. lol.

2. Great choices my man lol.

3. I've smoked out of anything you could imagine and what I've noticed is you can fill a joint w/ as much bud as you want. From a full 8th to a .2-.3 (a pinner) and still get a nice buzz. Its all just a matter of preference because bud comes and goes just like the money we spend on it. BTW if your always tryna conserve you probably shouldn't be toking to begin w/. It's about smoking until your in your perfect zone whether that takes .5g or 14g. Not calculating how your next sacks gonna go gram by gram..IMO..

4. Side note:: I used to hate it when my boy would ask me if I wanted to smoke & match. And I would roll a humongous joint to turn around & see that he only three a tiny pinch of bud that didn't even seem sufficient enough for ONE GUY in a jay and say "I don't have much left"..

5. When conserving one hitters are the way to go.

6. I think blunts are the best for conservation. To be honest you can only get so high. So packing a "fat" bowl won't get you any higher than maybe smoking a half a blunt by yourself. And joints are for the birds as well they never burn evenly you always gotta relight them and they kinda burn fast.

I've never bothered with pipes or bongs or joints.. It's a waste of weed in my opinion.

Plus chillin with a blunt is therapeutic. I know the goal is to get high but chillin for 15 20 minutes puffin on a blunt is so relaxing.

7. This is the most annoying, recurring topic on GC lol.

8. Depends how fast you smoke it. The only real waste is the run off smoke and the roach.. And hits that are barely held in my opinion

9. Idk bout u... But I bet when I smoke a joint maybe like .1 gets wasted (plus what gets thrown out with the roach). They really don't burn that much when not being hit.

10. You are right they don't burn much when they aren't being hit in fact they often end up going out. And when you relight it burns like an inch of the joint just to light it.

To each his own but I always feel disappointed after a joint.

11. [quote name='"4smoke2haze0"']A lot. Like a lot a lot. Probably the worst thing to smoke when conserving. You're probably only getting like .25-.3 out of that .5. Bowls only waste a small amount. Thats why I'd take a bong over a joint any day. Hell, I'd take anything over a joint. Probably my 2nd least favorite way to smoke (2nd to one-hitters). Just because they burn to fast, usually never burn easily (for me that is), are entirely too fragile. I prefer blunts 'n' bongs.[/quote]

Burn to fast? Don't burn easy? To fragile? You sir have never smoked one of my joints

12. [quote name='"KMFL"']You are right they don't burn much when they aren't being hit in fact they often end up going out. And when you relight it burns like an inch of the joint just to light it.

To each his own but I always feel disappointed after a joint.[/quote]

I can roll a good joint lol. The only time mine ever go out are in a car with the windows down.

13. Roach clip helps with the roach problem. Let's you smoke it down to nothing if you want. Or just break it open later and smoke that roach. I usually just put a clip on and keep on smoking until its close to burning my lips. lol.

14. [quote name='"kd0G420"']

I can roll a good joint lol. The only time mine ever go out are in a car with the windows down.[/quote]

Bet my blunt don't go out unless I WANT it to tho... Lol

15. Yea man, but thats because blunts are way worth the wasted bud. They taste dank and are usually filled with enough greens to get you blizzidy-blitzed.

16. Joints are for social smoking, imo -people standing around passing them back and forth, etc. It's more wasteful, for sure. Cherries get knocked off. people stand there, chatting, while the thing burns down...etc.

The problem with smoking a joint by myself is that I tend to want to smoke the whole thing. If I used a better method, then that same amount of weed could be stretched out to last the entire day -maybe longer.

17. [quote name='"NYC Smoker"']The only people who can smoke Js forever are rich people because they do not care about wasting .[/quote]

I ain't rich but I damn sure save money to buy in bulk to smoke in Joints.

18. I usually throw a gram in a joint when I smoke one (which is rarely) and that will get me feeling buzzed for half an hour.

1 gram in a bong gets me ~12 cones which will get me reasonably high for most of the day.

19. lol who cares? Its a forum right?

20. [quote name='"lilish4"']
    lol im sorry but I call bullshit. There's no way a blunt can last that long. If they do then you need to roll me one and sell it to me hahahaha[/quote]

I rolled a gram and a half blunt and it burned for half an hour last night so yeah it's possible :p I was chillin hotboxin my car listening to some music. Just in case you were wondering.