Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much Weed do joints waste compared to bowls?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lilish4, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Why are you all so conservative? Jays are a fine way to blaze. Yea they waste some tree but who cares. They get u high regardless of what some of you people say. Ill take a bong over a j of course but I have no problem with joints at all

2. Because we smoke dank not cheap ass mids and we like our bud to last and get the most from it I like rolling a jay or two when I first get my sack but after that I keep them nugs for my bong or pipe

3. Or possibly because some of us are poor as fuck and like our dank to last us as long as possible

4. I dunno worrying about .2 grams seems kind of strange to me.

5. I've toked using every method known to man, and it has been my experience that joints don't waste that much more than a bowl or a bong. The only way to truly conserve bud, if that's your thing, is to vape. My joints are pretty consistent, they're straight and tight. One of my joints can last me, by myself, about 15 minutes, 10 if I'm sharing. As far as losing any green to a burning joint, the same thing happens with a lit bowl. The only way to really conserve more with a bowl/bong is to take snaps, or stamp out the bowl between hits. As far as a bowl/bong getting you higher, I don't think that's the case. I think different methods causing the bud to burn at different rates and temps is what causes the high to be different. When I vape the high is all in my head. When I smoke a bowl/bong I get really, really high for about 15 minutes. After that, the buzz levels off and I'm ready to smoke again in about an hour. But joints, for me joints are the way to go. The majority of the buzz is in my body where I need it, it's a more consistent buzz, and it lasts me usually close to two hours or more depending on how good the weed is.

The moral of the story is, if you like joints, smoke joints. If you like bowls, smoke bowls. Your body and brain will tell you what's best for YOU. :smoke:

6. The only people who can smoke Js forever are rich people because they do not care about wasting .

7. For like a year all I smoked were jays, no exceptions, but it was a matter of convenience. I was paranoid about getting caught so I figured if the evidence is being smoked, I have less of an issue, but have realized as long as I am not public, obnoxious, or disturbing anyone, I will be fine.

8. Chiming in. I feel like I lose a lot more when I'm smoking a joint, which is why I always pack bowls instead. My brother and I rolled a less-than-perfect joint a while back, and when we saw the pile of bud on the table as we prepared to roll with another paper we were shocked. So we packed a couple of bowls and enjoyed ourselves.

9. How many hits do you get off a joint and how many off a bowl. Put exactly point five in each and try and times the joint by 2 to make up for misses hits

J=(h) *2
    B = h

J-b

Have no idea how accurate that would be

10. I must be rollin' in dough then. :p

11. I love js too but I love bongs more!

12. For real, if your blunts last 40 minutes you need to get to smoking. That means you're the guy holding the blunt hostage and continuously talking. lol. Or you somehow roll magical blunts.

13. J=(h) *2
    B = h

J-B

Hahaha that joint to bowl mathematic formula

14. A bowl get me higher for about 30-45 minutes, but then after that I come down, fairly quickly, the high almost completely gone in an hour and a half. However with a joint I get a nice, level high for about two hours minimum. I use the same amount in both, about .5

So I prefer joints

15. I love joints, it's just the casual feel it gives me. But I'd have to say they waste at least a third of what goes into them. I save them for times of plentiful supply.

16. I hate wasting smoke. I usually just put enough in my spoon for one hit. When there is more I cover the carb and bowl with my thumb to snuff it. The toke of that left over smoke is pretty tasty.

I do love the smell of a burning a joint though, so I'm happy others smoke 'em:smoke:

17. 16 marijuana points.

18. Joints don't waste shit. if you don't like jays then you should rip off your lips. Sure I love a good milky rip. joints will get you gone. Like stupid gone. After burning most of the joint, break it down and get what's left. Should be a little bud covered in resin. This is my best friend. Drop that in your bong, pipe, one hitter,;hell swallow it. No, don't do that. Bowls are my best friend. Joints...are my love. Respect the papers.

19. lol I love smoking joints.I smoke all types of ways just depends on what I feel like at the moment.I don't understand why everyone is being pissy about wasting weed in a joint.I roll 1 gram joints when I want a joint and I get stoned off of it.It might waste like .25 maybe but .25 isn't a big deal to me because .25 wouldn't get me high in a bowl anyway I would need more than that.Plus .25 is only like $7.50.If its a nice 1g joint with top shelf in it I personally think it's worth the .25 wasted.I dont favor any smoking methods I don't have anything against bongs I love my bongs but I like fat joints too they're worth the extra money.

20. Man i love joints wasting weed or not, nothing like rolling a fat j sparking it while watching old dragon ball z episodes with a bowl of fruity pebbles lmao..