Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do the carcinogens in marijuana not cause cancer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dr fumbles, Oct 11, 2012.

1. In a bit of a discussion with someone and I am trying to figure out the reason why the carcinogens in marijuna do not cause cancer like the carcinogens in tobacco. I would prefer a link to any actual studies or links to the reasons behind this. Thanks for the helpful information in advance

2. #2 Yosh139, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    Hold on, Granny's list on the way...

Edit: Long story short, THC is a cancer killer. :D

3. Here is another link if that was tl;dr material Link

4. :laughing: I just wanted to give a huge spectrum of cancers that THC represses. :D

5. the Double-split experiment

6. Bazinga!

7. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Bazinga![/quote]

Like.

8. Thanks for the post, OP! I've actually wondered the same thing and had assumed that cannabinoids WERE, to some extent, predictors of cancer. What a pleasant surprise :)

9. They aren't all bummed out, they're high so they don't fuck with you as much.

10. Fucking macguyver with the first post :smoke:

11. Industrially grown tobacco is grown with radioactive fertilizers.

No cannabis is.

12. Subbed for those links

13. because.... they just don't?

14. Gr33, you really need to send me an email to get the big 2012 List! I got what you need- 840 pages of links on all sorts of links to cannabis/cannabinoid medical studies and articles. Email addy is at the bottom of my sig!

Granny

15. doesn't have the chemical in nicotine that causes it, but smoking a shitload of anything can cause cancer through repeated irritation... that's like 1 in a billion chance though and you would have to smoke more than bob marley :p