Fed court to review Marijuana drug status, first time in 20 years

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thehighman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. I only suggested he not deny himself something that brings him pleasure because of the implications that one joint sends someone to prison. I mistook his earlier post for fear of doing so.

Hey, no one is perfect. I'm just here for a verdict like everyone else.

2. No one is here for a verdict don't lie to yourself we are all here to see change like it should be and truth prevail. Don't subdue yourself to the establishment by "agreeing or disagreeing" with a verdict but instead insist on change and permit everyone to engage in activities that promote change. If this thing comes out with a solution that isn't tangible for a society dying of diseases and cancers that are treated by a natural remedy it is time for protests and change as occurred in our forefathers generations. A LOT more than your job or family is at stake here as our forefathers realized that if u give the government control over small things they keep taking and those changes directly effect your children and future generations of your family persisting. It is truly time to stand up for what we believe and take the helm on restricting the gov'ts control on society.

3. I got ya. No worries.

Did you see the site where you can hear the recording of the "ASA and co" sort of planning their strategy and take phone questions?

ASA : Medical Marijuana Lawsuit Reviewing Scientific Evidence Reaches Federal Court for First Time in Nearly 20 Years

From website:

"For Immediate Release: October 5th, 2012. Medical Marijuana Lawsuit Reviewing Scientific Evidence Reaches Federal Court for First Time in Nearly 20 Years Audiotape of teleconference briefing with researchers, legal counsel and lawsuit plaintiff now available." Its about 43 mins long.

There is a thread with the page quoted.

4. [quote name='"durangobob99"']

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said I was afraid. And FYI I smoke on the porch, in the yard and pretty much where I choose, I said some mother fucker doesn't have the right to imprison me for it, and yeah there are scores of people in prison for smoking a doob. To the guy who can't afford a week off work to help repeal pot laws, come on now, that is a small price to pay for something that will help the world so much. I know its next to impossible to mobilize 300,000 people, but it has been done before so its not out of the question. There has to be that many retired stoner's like me who can afford to devote a week or two to make the world a better place. When you give up and accept, they win without a fight.[/quote]

I would easily do a week, but a week would change little if any at all. But yea folks with little to do during the day would be a great start. Then others could join as their lives permitted. I would go every day when not at work. But family before anything else.

5. [quote name='"Cheesed"']I only suggested he not deny himself something that brings him pleasure because of the implications that one joint sends someone to prison. I mistook his earlier post for fear of doing so.

Hey, no one is perfect. I'm just here for a verdict like everyone else.[/quote]

Just wanted to jump in here and say that one joint sent me to prison, and I do not advise anyone to get too comfortable smoking a "doob" on their front porch. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have not encountered police yet, because trust me, after you do, it scares you. I couldn't apply for jobs, I couldn't apply to real colleges, and even the technical schools offer no financial aid after you get locked up.
    We can get back on topic now, but I had to say my piece.

6. Hoss, I worked for forty years before I got to the place where I have "little" to do during the day. I have a very full life, I would take time out from this full life to try and make a difference for future generations. If your family is as important as you say then its a obligation not a chore. You show me how a week would make no difference, a day will make a difference, a week will send a clear message. Change comes from effort not good intentions..

7. [quote name='"durangobob99"']

Hoss, I worked for forty years before I got to the place where I have "little" to do during the day. I have a very full life, I would take time out from this full life to try and make a difference for future generations. If your family is as important as you say then its a obligation not a chore. You show me how a week would make no difference, a day will make a difference, a week will send a clear message. Change comes from effort not good intentions..[/quote]

Brother I am sure you have worked very hard to earn where you are at, I have no doubt. I do agree change is necessary not disagreeing with you one bit. I actively keep my eyes open for opportunities to get involved in things to make change. Quite possibly I should be the one who starts the movement. But at the moment I am not. Does not mean I don't put effort into it. Through education of others is one way I try to do my part. And when I see other opportunities to create change I will take those opportunities. I am not that guy sitting on the couch talking shit I assure you. But no I am not that guy getting arrested on the news holding a sign in front of city hall smoking a joint either. My livelihood at the time won't allow that.

8. Right now we all need to be attending any political activities in our towns,,even for local offices,,and exposing prohibitionist candidates and supporters of the status quo,,when we start changing out our local prohibitionists the DC crowd loses their support.

9. Granny's List is AWESOME, no mistake...

however...

You must be able to differentiate between studies done on cannabinoids (either plant derived or synthetic) and whole plant cannabis.

There are many studies done on cannabinoids, far fewer on whole plant cannabis. The hearing is about rescheduling whole plant cannabis, not cannabinoids.

There are already synthetic cannabinoids in Schedule III (Marinol), and soon there will probably be plant derived cannabinoids there as well (Sativex, organically derived Marinol).

They can place cannabinoids in Schedule III all they want, it will not change the scheduling of whole plant cannabis one bit.

One reason Granny's List is awesome is because all of the studies on cannabinoids point out how ridiculous it is to have cannabis in Schedule I, when there is so much potential for its medical applications.

Trying to find true "gold standard" medical studies on whole plant cannabis is a little harder than finding studies on cannabinoids.

10. I believe that Sativex only contains two of the cannabinoids contained in the cannabis plant. This is not cannabis.

Cannabinoids are already on Schedule III (Marinol). Sativex can take its place right along side Marinol without ever having to reschedule whole plant cannabis.

I guess the "catch" is that the drug companies will have to grow a Schedule I substance in order to derive the Schedule III substance... :confused:

11. #51 claygooding, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    Go to youtube and see for yourself,,[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mRTPLBKqEA"]Sativex[/ame] is hashoil tincture extracted from the cannabis plant and the strain was developed to produce a balance of THC and CBDs,,,it is cannabis.:cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-623hzUPphA"]video[/ame]

12. #52 Windex83, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012

Did you look at the ASA website? I bet you didnt listen to the audio link provided several times before writing this. It is over marijuana not cannabinoids.

Rescheduling marijuana as a whole not just a few parts of it.

Marinol and sativex are two different things.

13. "The DEA acted arbitrarily and capriciously in
    substituting its moral judgment for the scientific inquiry or medical use
    mandated by the CSA."

One little gem among better! The whole brief is here: http://safeaccessnow.org/downloads/ASA_v_DEA_Reply_Brief.pdf

Once Cannabis is decriminalized, I believe a new dawn will rise! All things were given to us, let the healing of the nations begin!

14. [quote name='"cannabis lover"']"The DEA acted arbitrarily and capriciously in
    substituting its moral judgment for the scientific inquiry or medical use
    mandated by the CSA."

One little gem among better! The whole brief is here: http://safeaccessnow.org/downloads/ASA_v_DEA_Reply_Brief.pdf

Once Cannabis is decriminalized, I believe a new dawn will rise! All things were given to us, let the healing of the nations begin![/quote]

English?

15. Cannabis good. Government wrong.

16. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst from these cunts!!

17. [quote name='"cannabis lover"']Cannabis good. Government wrong.[/quote]

LMFAO. *high five*

18. I like you

19. which is why you probably wont see a thing change... weed helps you reject the propaganda they feed us.. I was anti pot till i got stoned and realized I listened to a bunch of bullshit

20. #60 WookiesDoItBest, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    Similar to that Katt Williams line...
    "Weed'll make you notice shit you ain't supposed to notice..."

Probably a bit out of context, but still true...