Fed court to review Marijuana drug status, first time in 20 years

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thehighman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. #21 Windex83, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    "I think what EasternSmoker was referring to was FDA approved studies showing inhaled whole plant cannabis as effective for treatment of specific medical conditions, NOT just that cannabis is safe."

That's not what he said. He said solid studies. Didnt say "Oh there isnt anything done by the FDA yet."

If he wants solid studies look here.

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/GrannysListJan2012.pdf <--- Grannys 646 page list of "studies".

This is kinda sad as there is a link provided that discusses what will be said and which science is used when speaking to the Judges Oct 16.

http://forum.grasscity.com/marijuan...diotape-teleconference-briefing-oct-16th.html

2. I'm going to be hopeful a little bit on this one for the fact that there may be something to this , but at the same time I'm not going to get carried away about it. And as it has been said it would be nice if common sense and logic would prevail but it being the federal government I'm not going to get excited.

3. [quote name='"WookiesDoItBest"']

I'm like 30 miles away...I'm going to take a day off work and see if I can get in to watch the hearing. If I can, I'll try to take some notes and report back.[/quote]

If possible please do
    Subbed:)

The path to true enlightenment begins with the spark of a lighter

4. They almost have to reschedule since they approved Sativex and that is a full plant extract. Otherwise how will that work.

I just hope they put it as a Schedule IV otherwise you won't be able to get it for simple stuff like Insomnia which is what is really needed.

5. Granny should go speak there :p

6. I'd take schedule 2. That would mean medicinally the feds would not have a say in all the med states, right? Doctors could actually prescribe and not recommend?

Hell yeah. I'd take that in a heart beat. Baby steps.

7. I suspect FDA approval would be needed like any drug. Since they cannot monitor whole plants as they can for pharma (not that the FDA oversight means a bag of beans) they would say it is not FDA-approved and carry on with their merry abuse of citizens.

8. Big money controls the world and its courts, its going to take protests and disruptions on a massive scale to invoke tangible change. These kind of actions brought about civil rights, and the end to the Viet Nam war. So it is possible and in sight. I'm in my 60's now, and before I die I want to sit on my porch and smoke one without some mother fucker putting me in prison over a medicinal plant. You take to the streets, I will be with you, that is a promise..

9. The governmental Holmes will arrest protestors. That's not allowed any more. Look at the last big protest, they allowed it for a bit, but once it picked up steam they started arresting and abusing people.

10. You cannot put millions of people in jail, you can lock only so many up over night. Cities don't have the money, the space or the police. You can't build enough prisons to house them either. Any time you have extended protests, politicians worry about their jobs. When they become worried enough, change will happen, I personally have seen it in the 60's and its no different now, a few hundred protesters can be handled easily, hundreds of thousands are a nightmare. Tie up the roads and ports for a month and the greedy bastards will do any thing you want to get back on the money train.. They want you to think change is impossible, they are wrong. change is easy. Protests and votes will rule the day. 300,000 people line 1600 Pennsylvania avenue smoking joints and then flip the roaches over the fence, Trust me it will have the governments attention. Civil unrest can topple governments easy and they all know it..

11. [quote name='"durangobob99"']You cannot put millions of people in jail, you can lock only so many up over night. Cities don't have the money, the space or the police. You can't build enough prisons to house them either. Any time you have extended protests, politicians worry about their jobs. When they become worried enough, change will happen, I personally have seen it in the 60's and its no different now, a few hundred protesters can be handled easily, hundreds of thousands are a nightmare. Tie up the roads and ports for a month and the greedy bastards will do any thing you want to get back on the money train.. They want you to think change is impossible, they are wrong. change is easy. Protests and votes will rule the day. 300,000 people line 1600 Pennsylvania avenue smoking joints and then flip the roaches over the fence, Trust me it will have the governments attention. Civil unrest can topple governments easy and they all know it..[/quote]

But you're afraid at 60 to sit on your own property and do what you love? Don't deny yourself. No one is going to imprison you for smokin a doob.

12. [quote name='"durangobob99"']You cannot put millions of people in jail, you can lock only so many up over night. Cities don't have the money, the space or the police. You can't build enough prisons to house them either. Any time you have extended protests, politicians worry about their jobs. When they become worried enough, change will happen, I personally have seen it in the 60's and its no different now, a few hundred protesters can be handled easily, hundreds of thousands are a nightmare. Tie up the roads and ports for a month and the greedy bastards will do any thing you want to get back on the money train.. They want you to think change is impossible, they are wrong. change is easy. Protests and votes will rule the day. 300,000 people line 1600 Pennsylvania avenue smoking joints and then flip the roaches over the fence, Trust me it will have the governments attention. Civil unrest can topple governments easy and they all know it..[/quote]

You are totally right. The problem is to get 300,000 people to stand up and do it. To leave their jobs, risk their lifestyles. Change won't happen in this country till enough people are on their ass and have nothing to lose. Then we can get 300,000 people to march and protest. I know I can't afford to miss weeks of work and sacrifice my family's living. And that's where they want us. But I just can't do it, with kids to feed, and a wife. Just wont happen as with most Americans. Now I would spend my vacation time, sick days, and weekends doing just that.

13. The gov't doing something for the people? I wouldn't count on that. They won't do shit about it. These are politicians we are talking about for fucks sake. Disregard all logic.

14. Actually, court rulings are starting to come back on a lot of those arrests and they're ruling the police actions to have been unconstitutional. There are still some decent judges out there who will slams cops' dicks in the door when they overstep their bounds.

15. What you said Wookie. Ive noticed more and more jury nullification stories about bud as well.

16. Good to hear judges still have some logic. But it still don't stop the abuse and violation of our rights from occurring.

17. Don't put words in my mouth, I never said I was afraid. And FYI I smoke on the porch, in the yard and pretty much where I choose, I said some mother fucker doesn't have the right to imprison me for it, and yeah there are scores of people in prison for smoking a doob. To the guy who can't afford a week off work to help repeal pot laws, come on now, that is a small price to pay for something that will help the world so much. I know its next to impossible to mobilize 300,000 people, but it has been done before so its not out of the question. There has to be that many retired stoner's like me who can afford to devote a week or two to make the world a better place. When you give up and accept, they win without a fight.

18. Come here, roll a "doob", smoke on my porch, and see how fast you end up in jail.

This has to be one of the dumbest things said in this thread so far.

19. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's dumb. Peace.

20. Saying "no one is going to imprison you for smoking a doob" when that is precisely what could happen is dumb.

Are you going to bail him out of jail if he gets locked up because of your idea?

Im not saying you are dumb, but that statement takes the cake.