How to make shatter BHO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by EarlofErrl, Oct 4, 2012.

1. So, those of you who use a griddle instead of the pyrex/water method,  Do you still put the wax in a pyrex bowl and then on top of the griddle?  Or are you putting the wax on parchment and directly on the griddle?

2. the water bath method is not a final purging method, thats only to get the liquid tane boiled off so you can bring it inside to finish purging.

If you dont have a vac, leave it on the pyrex without scraping for 4-7days @ 100F depending on how much oil you have.

3. Awesome.  Thanks Jimmy!

4. So ive been running bho for about 2 months now and ive made probably 10 batches of shatter and a few accidental wax batches due to it being to hot i think lol but anyways ive been buying from this one dispensary and its really good high quality shit but everytime i attempt to make shatter it turns to wax and this has happened about 4 times. The bud is kinda wet and i think thats my problem so got some bubblegum today and im letting it dry up and hopefully i get some shatter any suggestions?

5. Make sure you dehydrate the bud and leave it whole if you prefer a gold color over a higher yield. Color is also determined by the maturity, strain, and age of the bud. Pack the tube tight but not too tight. I prefer Colibri or Lucienne butane btw. Then blast into a pyrex that is 105 degrees F and boil off the liquid butane. After that bring it in and scrape it up then thin it out into a slab onto some parchment paper. Next put the parchment paper into your pyrex and weight it down on the corners so its flat. Double boil with sand instead of water (easier to control temp) Do that at 100-115 degrees F for at least 24 hrs or until you really think its done. 115 may be too high for certain strains so maybe even 110 to play safe if you really want to achieve a hard glass shatter. I would vacuum purge halfway through if possible but i don't have one or ever used one. Lighter test it for sparks if you cant send to lab, and if it sparks you aren't done. Even if it doesn't spark go that extra 30 minutes to play safe. That is how i make my shatter with out winterizing it. Make sure you post your results on here Im curious to see how it turns out. I hope this helped!

6. This thread is full of horrible advice. I urge anyone reading this thread to check out "Knottyy"'s YouTube channel.
    Watching videos from Knotty has really helped me step up "Shatter Game Skills"
    You need to know your:
    Gas
    Altitude
    Temps "Oil Temp is the only temp you need to focus on"
    Matteral
    Vac pressure
    Times
    Agitation

Follow the correct formula with all above considered and that's how you dial in your processing.
    I don't recommend ever going over 100'F unless your going for honey comb/ Budda
    I don't recommend letting your oil temps getting any where near 130 unless your looking to make over cooked perma-oil

7. I read most of the posts. If using trim does it need to be dried or is fresh ok as well? Also would a grittle and pyrex plate on top outdoors be safe as well?