DNorris - SouthernStarSeeds - SnoJack - RDWC - 1000 HPS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DNorris, Sep 27, 2012.

1. i get bags of 50. and keep em not in the fridge. ziplock and your golden.

2. I was afraid to get that many since I only do 1 at a time.

3. IMHO the prob is 2 fold, there stretching which isn't good for seedlings, if your T5 light should be no more than 2-3 inches from the plant, I actually like to keep it only 1" from the light and it appears to me the the root is exiting the from the top as if its being blocked from growing downward. I'd put your survivng seedling in a net pot and get her into a bucket with lots of the baked clay rocks covering up as much stem as possible!;)

Sorry to see the one kick the bucket, was that the one that took a long time to germ?

4. [quote name='"chimera2"']
    IMHO the prob is 2 fold, there stretching which isn't good for seedlings, if your T5 light should be no more than 2-3 inches from the plant, I actually like to keep it only 1" from the light and it appears to me the the root is exiting the from the top as if its being blocked from growing downward. I'd put your survivng seedling in a net pot and get her into a bucket with lots of the baked clay rocks covering up as much stem as possible!;)

Sorry to see the one kick the bucket, was that the one that took a long time to germ?[/quote]

Great advice will do chimera!!

5. what happened to your seedling is called damping off...in the first pic you can see it starting to damp off..see that little indent in the stalk..thats the first sign....Cervantes says overwatering is big factor suggests using Serenade as a cure for older plnts but at this stage its too late ..look it up and save the others

6. [quote name='"Dr Mengle"']what happened to your seedling is called damping off...in the first pic you can see it starting to damp off..see that little indent in the stalk..thats the first sign....Cervantes says overwatering is big factor suggests using Serenade as a cure for older plnts but at this stage its too late ..look it up and save the others[/quote]

Interesting I will research that tonight!! Thanks for the advice :) ill get RR soon!

7. Just got some SnoGoo myself :D. Good luck, lets see what Southern star has to bring :).

8. [quote name='"alivetoknow"']Just got some SnoGoo myself :D. Good luck, lets see what Southern star has to bring :).[/quote]

I'm sure we won't be disappointed! Link me to your new grow when you get started!!!

9. One snojack in the net pot. I buried pretty well. In a stand alone bucket until she (hopefully) is ready for the higher ppm of the RDWC.

No tap root on the bean I'm germing yet.

[​IMG]

10. Looks good, how come the clay pellets looks so wet?

11. It was new hydroton so I had to rinse it well before adding the seedling.

12. I have a tap root on the bean I germed the other day. It's in rockwool that was conditioned to 5.6 ph.

13. Cool!

So u used rockwool conditioner?

Great, so how big are those rockwool cubes, I bought my rockwool by the bale(2-4"x6"x36") and I get 6 cubes per 1.25 linear inches, I'm still on my first bale and have over half left!:D

14. [quote name='"chimera2"']

Cool!

So u used rockwool conditioner?

Great, so how big are those rockwool cubes, I bought my rockwool by the bale(2-4"x6"x36") and I get 6 cubes per 1.25 linear inches, I'm still on my first bale and have over half left!:D[/quote]

I believe the are 1.5" x 1.5". When I run out which will be a while I would like to try rapid rooters.

Glad to see your back. I almost sent you a pm. Back ok?

15. I like my rockwool, I've never had a prob with it and because I put my germed seed in the cube and then directly into its net pot and cover them with clay pellets, I've never had the prob with damping off and when I grow in soil well it goes directly into soil so no need for any starter plugs!:)

Its one of those injuries that just seems to get worse with time and its been along time since I initially injured it so I just take it 1 day at a time, some days suck so much I just want to not move:eek:, but hey, atleast I'm able to still get around so I'm alot better off than some!:(

16. [quote name='"chimera2"']

I like my rockwool, I've never had a prob with it and because I put my germed seed in the cube and then directly into its net pot and cover them with clay pellets, I've never had the prob with damping off and when I grow in soil well it goes directly into soil so no need for any starter plugs!:)

Its one of those injuries that just seems to get worse with time and its been along time since I initially injured it so I just take it 1 day at a time, some days suck so much I just want to not move:eek:, but hey, atleast I'm able to still get around so I'm alot better off than some!:([/quote]

Well I hope the next few are better for you! Looks like I need to get this next rockwool cube in its net pot with clay pellets. I will clean the rockwool tomorrow so I have it ready for the net pot with the next day or two!! Thanks for the tip!! Cloning is so much easier!!

17. Thats true but as long as we live in non-med states were always going to have seeds and personally I love growing seeds, I love the way they start out slow and then boom, they're growing an inch or more a day, and as long as I can't grow perpetual it will always be with seeds;), thank god I have my new found seed creating method, When I find the one I want to keep forever, I'll just make me some clone quality feminized seeds!:devious::D:smoke:

18. [quote name='"chimera2"']

Thats true but as long as we live in non-med states were always going to have seeds and personally I love growing seeds, I love the way they start out slow and then boom, they're growing an inch or more a day, and as long as I can't grow perpetual it will always be with seeds;), thank god I have my new found seed creating method, When I find the one I want to keep forever, I'll just make me some clone quality feminized seeds!:devious::D:smoke:[/quote]

Please share this method good sir!

19. Chimera already shared it..look at his creating femmed seeds thread..

20. sorry was on the app and his sig wasnt their on the app. i see it now.